No announcement yet.

18-05-16: Cloe Feldman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we go to a movie together, are you hearing different dialogue?

If we look at the same painting, are you seeing something else?

How can we possibly discuss nuanced topics like the nature of rights when we donít even see or hear the same thing?

#TeamLaurel #TeamWhiteAndGoldDress
    "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Comment

Out of curiosity...

...has anyone here heard Yanny or Laurel in the presence of someone who, in the same room at the same time, hears the other sound?

Pete (has found that so far in the same room on the same device, all listeners hear the same thing)

Comment

Originally posted by Plezercruz View Post
        Out of curiosity...

...has anyone here heard Yanny or Laurel in the presence of someone who, in the same room at the same time, hears the other sound?

Pete (has found that so far in the same room on the same device, all listeners hear the same thing)
        My wife swears she hears both names when we listen together and I only hear one. I'm not buying it!
        "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/17/polit...rsy/index.html

Air Force apologizes for 'Yanny' or 'Laurel' tweet

The US Air Force apologized Thursday for its ill-advised attempt to incorporate the viral "Yanny" or "Laurel" meme into a tweet about repelling a Taliban attack in Afghanistan.

In what was clearly a major social media fail, the initial tweet -- which was posted by the Air Force's official account earlier in the day -- attempted to put a playful spin on the popular meme currently sweeping the internet by comparing it to the distinctive sound of the 30mm cannons aboard an A-10 Warthog aircraft.

"The Taliban Forces in Farah city #Afghanistan would much rather have heard #Yanny or #Laurel than the deafening #BRRRT they got courtesy of our #A10," the tweet said.

The tweet has since been deleted and replaced with an apology that said the initial post was "made in poor taste."
          Pete (also notes that the once-retired A-10s are still out there doing their thing)

Comment

For every ailment under the sun - There is a remedy, or there is none;
            If there be one, try to find it; If there be none, never mind it. -- Mother Goose

"Weíve always assumed that you canít bring back the dead. But itís a matter of when you pickle the cells." -- Peter Rhee

Comment

Originally posted by dusty View Post
              That's pretty good.

Pete (respects)

Comment

I hear an electronic voice, but it's too distorted to hear any words. Really, it sounds like a couple of random syllables.
                "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ĖMark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by dusty View Post
                  Whatever I want to!

Jared (can read physician handwriting, but it's all context sensitive)
                  "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ĖMark Twain

Comment

Working...
                  X