18-12-07: Satanic Temple-Chicago

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18-12-07: Satanic Temple-Chicago

Click image for larger version  Name:	07xp-satan-jumbo.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp.jpg Views:	1 Size:	234.4 KB ID:	507054

"Knowledge is the greatest gift."
    - A display from the Satanic Temple-Chicago has been placed in the Statehouse rotunda at the Capitol in Springfield, Ill. The display depicts a woman's hand presenting an apple as a serpent coils around her wrist. A pentagram and the words "knowledge is the greatest gift" are written on the pedestal below. The Temple said it "appreciates this constitutionally protected opportunity to contribute its perspective to the numerous religious viewpoints on display in the Capitol during the winter holiday season."
    Agree
    25.00%
    Disagree
    50.00%
    Not sure
    25.00%
    Last edited by skooly; 12-07-2018, 11:11 AM.
    "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46453544

Festive Satanic statue added to Illinois statehouse

A satanic group has added its own statue to a series of displays in the government building of the US state of Illinois to mark the festive season.

Placed between a Christmas tree and a menorah, the four-foot sculpture depicts a snake coiled around an outstretched arm holding an apple.

It's the first display sponsored by the Chicago chapter of the Temple of Satan.
    Pete (has to wonder just how serious that outfit is)

Comment

I want them to put up a festivus pole.
      They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
      -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

Voted "not sure." I'm not sure if these Satanists are the real deal or if they're just anti-Christian assholes trying to make a point.

Pete (supposes if they're the real deal then he doesn't really have an issue with them)

Comment

The real Satan is in the White House.
          "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Comment

OK, so merging topics appears not to work...

Pete (thinks he just nuked his version of this story)

Comment

Originally posted by skooly View Post
              The real Satan is in the White House, the Senate, the House, the DMV....oh fuck yes the DMV.
              Fixed
              Originally posted by Mr. Raceboy
              I'm a lot more worried about the commies running DC than I am about commies half way around the world.

Comment

Working...
              X