No announcement yet.

I'm not seeing a way to continue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks man. The discussions here were the best/most intelligent. Learned quite a bit.

Comment

It's a shame, this is a go-to site for me (I know I don't post very much though). I definitely understand your position though. I would certainly be on-board with a justput subreddit if that made things easier on anyone.

I do appreciate all the work you put in posting new threads and generating discussion though Jon. I can see that it's a lot of work and I'm honestly surprised you've kept up with it as long as you have.
      One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.

Comment

I appreciate you and everyone else that made this site so awesome! I value the relationships weíve made over the years between both sites.
        Originally posted by Mr. Raceboy
        I'm a lot more worried about the commies running DC than I am about commies half way around the world.

Comment

Perhaps we could turn the RSS feed back on to autogenerate news threads until your situation improves, Jon?

Pete (thinks your work was much better, but it'd be better than nothing)

Comment

Everyone is disappointed. This little band of people has looked forward to your content everyday for years.
            But I have never understood how you were able to post so much during the daytime with a full-time, big office job.

Thanks for all the Put.
            For every ailment under the sun - There is a remedy, or there is none;
            If there be one, try to find it; If there be none, never mind it. -- Mother Goose

"Weíve always assumed that you canít bring back the dead. But itís a matter of when you pickle the cells." -- Peter Rhee

Comment

Jon, Thanks. And, Good Luck.
              At the precipice, we change!
              The problem with Capitalism is that humans run it.

Comment

Thanks Jon, for all the puts. Also, thanks for this one ó Iím honestly glad itís these reasons and nothing more dire; particularly the liking your boss part!

I'll be in town soon; we should try to meet up.
                They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
                -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

Jon, you don't have to start a dozen threads every day, but please don't become a stranger here. Even if it's just a random post every few days from phone or home like a lot of us do, myself included.

BTW, do you ever get on the DDC Teamspeak channel anymore? I went there earlier this week to check on you, but it was deserted.

Stephen (does about 90% of his Put surfing on the phone)

Comment

It's blocked at my work as well, but Reddit isn't so I'm on there mostly nowadays.

Jesse (can't understand the reasoning behind that one)
                    DEEZ NUTS FOR PRESIDENT!!

Comment

Originally posted by cart213 View Post
                      Jon, you don't have to start a dozen threads every day, but please don't become a stranger here. Even if it's just a random post every few days from phone or home like a lot of us do, myself included.

BTW, do you ever get on the DDC Teamspeak channel anymore? I went there earlier this week to check on you, but it was deserted.

Stephen (does about 90% of his Put surfing on the phone)
                      We have a new Teamspeak now that Elengil setup. I'll PM you the details.
                      I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
                        Thanks Jon, for all the puts. Also, thanks for this one ó Iím honestly glad itís these reasons and nothing more dire; particularly the liking your boss part!

I'll be in town soon; we should try to meet up.
                        Let me know when you'll be in town. Everyone should try to meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                          It's blocked at my work as well, but Reddit isn't so I'm on there mostly nowadays.

Jesse (can't understand the reasoning behind that one)
                          I can't believe that Reddit isn't blocked. I haven't tried, but I bet certain Reddit pages are blocked for me, too. The spyware algorithm seems to look at individual pages rather than entire domains but maybe with enough page blocks, it does slam down an entire domain. I'm not sure. It's seriously overkill. This is why I thought maybe a new domain might help us but as soon as any content trips the spyware trigger, it clamps down. It thinks that pages of this site are selling or promoting the sale of guns, for instance. It doesn't distinguish between discussion and sales.

My boss doesn't even care what anyone does online as long as the work gets done. This is all driven by our new corporate masters out of state. Our local IT people have almost zero power now.

Now that I'm home, I will say that I'm not sure I'll be at that company forever. I don't want to quit but I wouldn't be surprised if my job gets outsourced or if I get traded for someone more experienced. My work is typically done by contractors at most companies but our parent company doesn't like to hire contractors. They do like to outsource, though.
                          Last edited by Just Jon; 06-23-2018, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Jon View Post
                            It thinks that pages of this site are selling or promoting the sale of guns, for instance.
                            Sounds pretty accurate.
                            "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Comment

We have so much shared history on this website, it's worth preserving. A reddit subforum just wouldn't be the same.

skooly (is happy to contribute to the maintenance and upkeep costs)
                              "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Comment

This site is part of my daily routine; I check facebook for friends and family, and here for friends and political discussion, arguments, life updates, etc. I can't post as much as I used to thanks to kids, and (finally!) a normal sleep schedule that means I'm up when my kids are; I don't have the hours of unsupervised (hah!) time that I used to.

Maybe we could all pitch in to meet costs?
                                "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ĖMark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X