The chat box thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The chat box thread

I miss the chat box. So, here’s my best shot at it: the thread has no overarching topic, treat it as you did the chat box, apart from the fact that it doesn’t dissappear after 24 h.

pete, if we ever get the chatbox back, you can kill this.
    They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
    -Mr. Raceboy

So, here’s something that sucked today:

walking the dogs dogs in the woods off leash, when the older one (Riley, age 13, very spry) failed to return from a foray up the trail. After much backtracking and calling, I finally spotted him coming towards me uncharacteristically slowly. I get to him and he’s visibly in pain, but has no visible wounds. When I go to pick him up, he lest me know his abdomen hurts by screaming.

he’s currently spending the night at the emergency vet; his blood panel was mostly fine but he had an elevated AST, which is an enzyme released by injured liver cells. His X-ray showed possible fluid in his lower perotineum — consistent with an adema or hemhorraging. He is clearly in a lot of pain. The most likely think is a bad fall with severe internal bruising, but they’re watching to make sure there’s nothing more concerning and will do an abdominal ultrasound in the morning. It seems likely he will be fine, but dudes in a lot of pain and it isn’t certain.

Plus, holy expensive adventure, Batman!

just needed to vent — helps me process a little.

thanks
    They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
    -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

Pip is 13. I worry about him all the time...

Pete (understands)

Comment

I hope your pup gets well soon Jester.
        "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

Update: he felt much better this AM (walking normally, not showing major pain)... although he is still on fentanyl. The downside -- I went to the place he is, and they let me walk him, and he pissed... blood. Its all still consistent with a bruised liver and kidneys, but there is still a chance its more serious than that -- they're doing an abdominal ultrasound (possibly right now), so I hope to know more soonish.
          -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

Poor dog!

Pete (hopes for the best)

Comment

Sorry jester :-(

Hope the pup gets better soon!
              Originally posted by Mr. Raceboy
              I'm a lot more worried about the commies running DC than I am about commies half way around the world.

Comment

He’s home; looks like a bruised kidney. That said, of course when you do an abdominal ultrasound on a 13 year old dog, you find masses. The good news is that they’re on his bladder, may be benign or even from his fall, and if they are malignant, are most likely a slow grower, are being caught unusually early and would be super easy surgery with a likely “curative” outcome.

little dude is wiped and essentially went straight to the couch when we got home and hasn’t moved since (I’m side the painkillers are playing a role in that — apparently bruised kidneys are intensely painful).
                -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

You should probably keep the painkillers on hand for a 13-year old dog. Mine's 13 and, just like me, he has his aches and pains. I keep a supply of Tramadol for him when he's really, really creaky and some Rimadyl for everyday use (kinda like Tylenol). I find that if Pip is limping a bit or unwilling to get out of bed, if I give him a half a Rimadyl, he'll be up and about and spry again.

Pete (does the same thing with Tylenol and his various back/neck/knee/shoulder pains)

Comment

Fair enough, but this is codiene and Gabapentin — they aren’t F’ing around.

he’s doing ok, but doesn’t seem 100% quite yet.
                    -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

Eek.. Yeah, I guess that's not the same level as I was imagining!

Pete (feels even worse for the pup now)

Comment

What a lousy day at work today.

Pete (also misses the chatbox)

Comment

-Mr. Raceboy

Comment

Fantastic!

Pete (is glad to see him happily lying on the sore spot)

Comment

round 2 of "everybody in the house is sick" is in full swing. I'm ready for this to be over, but my sinuses are happy to be producing at max rate. Along with everybody else in the house.
                              "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X