The chat box thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Plezercruz View Post
    I still have half of my computers on XP.
    What's the other half on? Windows 98?
    "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Comment

Easiest way is to put both drives on the same computer and run a clone software like Macrium which I think is firee. Not sure what the better software costs (haven't done it in a while) but either way it takes a few hours and then you have two copies of the same drive.

Pete (thinks he payed like $30 for clone software last time he did it)
      Ok, i can do that. I was originally hoping that RAID 1 would do it, but apparently not.
      "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Comment

Jared, are you using SSD?

Kingston 480GB A400 SSD for just $65 at Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by skooly View Post

What's the other half on? Windows 98?
          I think I currently operate 7 at home. One is a Mac (wife, what can you do). Three are on Win XP, two are on Windows 7, and I have one laptop on Windows 10. I see virtually no benefit to Windows 10 over Windows 7, but admittedly, I'm not working very hard at it.

Pete (doesn't have enough ram in any of those machines to make Win10 worthwhile from a memory perspective)

Comment

I was just joshing you.

skooly (knows Pete is the guru for all computer problems including chocolate milk spills)

Comment

Originally posted by skooly View Post
              Jared, are you using SSD?
              Nope, I bought a 1TB Western Digital internal hard drive for $65 on Amazon.

Is there some advantage to SSD? I thought it was just flash memory, which isn't particularly stable.
              "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Comment

Send it back and get this instead.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3331...ve-for-85.html

In my older rig, I have a 7 year old SSD for the boot drive that doesn’t need to be replaced (ahem) but I do store my music and photos on mechanical drives.

Comment

My latest project; it's a wedding gift for my cousin. It's made from genuine mahogany, Honduras rosewood, and a tiny bit of maple. The hinges are part of the lid, so there's no metal. I still need to do final sanding and then put the shellac on.

Comment

I think I killed it.

Comment

Like in the good way or the bad way?

Pete (can't tell)

Comment

It's pretty sweet looking. Katie would be very pleased with something like that (she likes pretty wood things... you dirty bastards, not like that!)
                        They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
                        -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

Like in the good way or the bad way?

Pete (can't tell)
                          I was talking about the chat box thread. Sorry, poor phrasing.

Comment

A chat box thread just ain't a chat box.
                            At the precipice, we change!
                            The problem with Capitalism is that humans run it.

Comment

Working...
                            X