Package Thief vs. Glitter Bomb Trap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Package Thief vs. Glitter Bomb Trap

"I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

That's practically in Pete's back yard...
    They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
    -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

Very cool. but do you ever get the box back?

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
        That's practically in Pete's back yard...
        Where is it?

Pete (can't see the video)

Comment

Winnetka
          They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
          -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

Wow. That's swankier than my neck of the woods!

Pete (loves the chutzpah on these thieves)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff92se View Post
              Very cool. but do you ever get the box back?
              He filmed five or six different thieves; usually the stink spray guarantees they throw it out of the car. The last one was a lady who opened it in her house and then threw it in her trash.
              "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Comment

What blows me away is that most of them are just ordinary people and not necessarily regular or professional thieves. I can't understand the mentality that these people have that allows them to steal other people's property so casually.

I have the means to make one of these. (I have access to a very good 3D printer at work.) I would be tempted if we ever had a problem with porch pirate assholes. We try to have as many packages shipped to a UPS store as possible. Amazon and other vendors don't let us choose the shipper, though, and that pisses me off.
                I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Comment

I read that the maker of this video admitted that at least some of the thieves were insiders and that the video was at least partially staged.

I think if you watch it again now you’ll see it is shorter with the scenes from the “friend”’s porch removed.

He says that what remains is legit footage
                  For every ailment under the sun - There is a remedy, or there is none;
                  If there be one, try to find it; If there be none, never mind it. -- Mother Goose

"We’ve always assumed that you can’t bring back the dead. But it’s a matter of when you pickle the cells." -- Peter Rhee

Comment

I was kinda wondering about the angle of the camera on that one scene...

Pete (was wondering who mounts a camera looking at his door and not away from it)

Comment

Working...
                    X