Hurricane Dorian

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Dorian

All you Florida peeps take care and try not to get flooded.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Seriously, and also, we have a big guest room up here in MA if things get rough or you just want out.
    They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
    -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

My boss has a house in Daytona Beach. His mother lives permanently next door to the Florida house. Both are in the path of the hurricane.

This morning I text him and ask him if his mom and his house are going to be OK.

He answers that is mom had evacuated to go stay with his sister (who lives inland in Florida) and that his sister died this morning, leaving his very old mom alone to deal with it, so he's flying down to Florida to handle a dead sister and a displaced and distraught mother.

All this happened, for me, while I was sitting poolside having a pretty great day.

Pete (recounts someone else's very bad day)

Comment

The video from the Bahamas is staggering and tragic. Miami has been incredibly fortunate to only get several days of rain and light wind.

skooly (truly appreciates your offers of hospitality)
        "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Comment

What the Bahama's are taking right now I don't know if its ever happened before. To have a hurricane that strong just camp out on you for 3 days is unreal.

Comment

Early video of the Bahamas looks like the mother of all tornados nested there. Awesome.
            At the precipice, we change!
            The problem with Capitalism is that humans run it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronny View Post
              Awesome.
              A bit tone deaf.
              "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Comment

Working...
              X