Black Mirror

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For every ailment under the sun - There is a remedy, or there is none;
    If there be one, try to find it; If there be none, never mind it. -- Mother Goose

"We’ve always assumed that you can’t bring back the dead. But it’s a matter of when you pickle the cells." -- Peter Rhee

Comment

Crap and I just now started a new Netflix show...

Pete (likes to power through one show at a time)

Comment

Originally posted by Plezercruz View Post
        Crap and I just now started a new Netflix show...

Pete (likes to power through one show at a time)
        Well those are the first two seasons above.

Hopefully they produce more in 2015, but either way the series won't run away from you, but it's worth checking out if you can at some point.

Also, each episode is wholly self-contained, with no running plot or characters (like Twilight Zone, etc.) so you don't have to watch them at once, in sequence, or anything.

My favorite one may be "White Bear" (season 2 episode 2) but I think it may be better to watch another episode or two first, get a feel for the show, then go for that one.
        If there be one, try to find it; If there be none, never mind it. -- Mother Goose

"We’ve always assumed that you can’t bring back the dead. But it’s a matter of when you pickle the cells." -- Peter Rhee

Comment

Also Pete, if you don't watch it, how will I know if it's science fiction?

dusty (thinks it is, although the first episode isn't)

Comment

Just finished the episodes available, thanks for the recommendation. Good show.
            DEEZ NUTS FOR PRESIDENT!!

Comment

I've never heard of this show but I definitely want to check it out. Thanks!
              I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Comment

Thank's I will look into it.
                01000010 01100001 01100001 00100000 01110111 01100101 01100101 01110000 00100000 01100111 01110010 01100001 01101000 01101110 01100001 00100000 01110111 01100101 01100101 01110000 00100000 01101110 01101001 01101110 01101110 01111001 00100000 01100010 01101111 01101110 01100111

Comment

The terrific and terrifying British series, Black Mirror, might be the perfect show for our viral video age. Available only through Netflix, the program’s six episodes are something unique in modern day television. While most shows are open-ended excuses to keep a viewer hooked well after the story pond has been drained of its narrative fish, each episode of Black Mirror is self-contained, with new characters, plots and settings, each running 40-60 minutes.

The show has been compared to The Twilight Zone, and it certainly mimics that classic series’ tantalizing promises of something weird and wicked coming our way. But Black Mirror is more focused, more probing. It offers a very dark reflection (a black mirror, yes?) of our society’s enthrall to, abuse of and anxiety over our cyber-caffeinated existence.

Innovations we’ve grown up with (well, sorta), such as YouTube, Twitter and iPhones, have graduated to implanted memory chips and surround-screen entertainment, where a mere swipe of the hand through the air of your living room can change the channels on your corporatized options. All of this is taken for granted, it’s just there.

What this program does is interrogate our dependence, our addiction, our enslavement to this not-so-future world. When a rebel arises to use the technology to make a stand or a statement, they are often left stranded in the lonely wake of their decision. Technology wins. Every time.
                  read more: http://crosscut.com/2015/01/28/digit...net-age-black/

Comment

Soon to be going into production in USA:
                    Fans of Black Mirror rejoice: a US adaptation is in the works. But unlike House of Cards, the series may look nothing like its UK original.

The sci-fi-horror series premiered in 2011, but American audiences just caught up recently when six episodes arrived on Netflix (a seventh, starring Jon Hamm, is available on DirecTV). Each stand-alone episode explores how technology – some of it already in our pockets – could reshape our lives and our relationships, and expose the worst of human nature. Last week, the production company Endemol Shine North America confirmed plans for a US version.

When Kurt Andersen spoke with Black Mirror’s Charlie Brooker last month, the series creator revealed “we’ve had conversations with people about continuing the show or doing a sort of reincarnation of the show,” possibly on AMC. “Having Jon [Hamm] in our Christmas special immediately makes it feel more transatlantic anyway.”

But he’s ruled out adapting and reshooting the stories in the original series. “We would want it feel more like a continuation than a rebirth,” he said. “We’re an anthology, we reinvent ourselves week to week.” That means more original, unsettling stories of our near future – for fans of the show, that’s the best news yet.
                    http://www.studio360.org/story/black...ng-to-america/

Comment

I keep forgetting to watch this. That said, I have no opinion about an American adaptation yet. However, in the past there have been some ok adaptations of British shows and some not-so-ok adaptations. I tend to really enjoy UK shows, so I'd probably watch both.

-Jon (has been too busy at work to watch this and work at the same time and forgets about it when he gets home)

Comment

new episodes starting later this month on Netflix:

Comment

I watched the 3 episodes of season 1. It's a well done show that I like a lot, so far. It's definitely a modern take on Twilight Zone but with some really screwed up ideas.

Comment

I took a trial month of Netflix in December so I could watch the new season. It's 6 more episodes. Now I'm hooked on Netflix.

Happy to say the show doesn't feel like it's been affected by the move of production houses from the UK to US. It's very much the same show.

Comment

Are the actors still British?

Comment

Originally posted by Just Jon View Post
                                Are the actors still British?
                                Sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                                X