No announcement yet.

New Star Trek TV series for 2017: "Star Trek: Discovery"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No premise? That tells me they don't have a good idea cooked up, only the belief that anything "Star Trek" will bring in money.

Comment

Originally posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
      No premise? That tells me they don't have a good idea cooked up, only the belief that anything "Star Trek" will bring in money.
      The premise will be: "Space, the final frontier..."
      For every ailment under the sun - There is a remedy, or there is none;
      If there be one, try to find it; If there be none, never mind it. -- Mother Goose

"We’ve always assumed that you can’t bring back the dead. But it’s a matter of when you pickle the cells." -- Peter Rhee

Comment

There will be 150 people paying to watch this and 5 million people pirating it.
        DEEZ NUTS FOR PRESIDENT!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
          You mean just like the reboot movies? All Abrams did with those movies is cook up a bunch of superficial Star Trek like stuff and barf it out to the audience. They were total garbage and Into Darkness didn't even make any sense at all. I actually think of them as parodies and then at least they're a little funny.
          I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Comment

[Update, 4/14/16: Added rumor about setting.] According to an unconfirmed rumor reported by Birth.Movies.Death., the new TV series will be set after the events of Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country, but before the time of The Next Generation. A source also claimed that the show would be a “seasonal anthology,” meaning that the setting and time period could change with each season.
            More good news for fans of the original Star Trek movie franchise! Per a tweet from co-showrunner Bryan Fuller, Nicholas Meyer has also joined the show as a “consulting producer/writer.” Meyer not only directed two Star Trek feature films — Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan and Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country — he also helped write the screenplays for both of those movies, as well as Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.
            http://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainm...tml/?a=viewall

Comment

Birth Movies Death is reporting rumours that the new Star Trek TV series will be set in the "original, classic continuity".
              "The show will be set some time after the events of Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country, so between the original series and The Next Generation" says the report, concluding "It won't be set in the JJ Abrams reboot universe."
              "A trusted source has chimed in and told me that it looks like the show will be a seasonal anthology," says the site.
              Read more: http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/star-tre...#ixzz47VyTQ8nX

This is actually very possible because Viacom owns the rights to Star Trek feature films while CBS owns the rights to Star Trek on TV.

Comment

Heads up, Trekkies — filming for the new Star Trek television series is slated for Toronto, where local fans hope it will live long and prosper.
                http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...onto-1.3562759

Comment

Set phasers to suck.

Pete (is prepared for the worst)

Comment

Bryan Fuller, who began his career writing for Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Star Trek: Voyager, was announced as the new series' showrunner and co-creator as well as one of its executive producers,[4] and Nicholas Meyer, writer and director of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan and Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, joined the series as a writer and consulting producer.[5] In March, Rod Roddenberry, the son of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry, and Trevor Roth of Roddenberry Entertainment also joined the series, as executive producers.
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Untitl...Trek_TV_series
                    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0298188/?ref_=nv_sr_1
                    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0583292/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1
                    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0734473/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

That's some seriously positive news.

-Jon (has hope)

Comment

I didn't like the original "Wrath of Khan", or the remake. Same for "Undiscovered Country", which was just an old-fashioned whodunit.

I want some action.
                      At the precipice, we change!
                      The problem with Capitalism is that humans run it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronny View Post
                        I didn't like the original "Wrath of Khan", or the remake. Same for "Undiscovered Country", which was just an old-fashioned whodunit.

I want some action.
                        Well, then the JJ Abrams reboot movies are for you.

-Jon (points out that you dissed what Trekkers agree are the two of the best Star Trek movies)

Comment

They just didn't do it for me. Remember, I'm not a thinker. I'm a watcher.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ronny View Post

I want some action.
                              Lunacy.... it was good standalone, and even better if you knew TOS episode.

Comment

Careful! You'll arouse the "Wrath of Ron"!

Comment

Working...
                                X