No announcement yet.

Tom Petty had a heart attack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unconfirmed reports that he is gone. Man, that's sad.
    "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

TOM PETTY FOUND UNCONSCIOUS IN FULL CARDIAC ARREST

http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/02/tom-pe...ardiac-arrest/

Tom Petty was rushed to the hospital Sunday night after he was found unconscious, not breathing and in full cardiac arrest ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.
      EMTs rushed to his Malibu home and were able to get a pulse. He was rushed to the UCLA Santa Monica Hospital and our sources say he was put on life support.
      Petty's condition is unknown but was critical from the moment he was found.
      Petty, who became famous with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers in 1978 with "Breakdown," is 66.
      We've been in touch with numerous people from Petty's camp and they are clearly upset but not talking.
      Petty just wrapped a huge tour, ending at the Hollywood Bowl late last Monday.

update: We're told after Petty got to the hospital he had no brain activity and a decision was made to pull life support.
      "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Comment

CBS called it:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tom-pet...inkId=43025392

Tom Petty, legendary rocker, is dead at 66

Tom Petty, the rocker best known as the frontman of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, is dead at 66, CBS News has confirmed.
        Pete (sighs)

Comment

I just heard it on the radio. Man. What a day.
          I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Comment

Sheesh.
            “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less travelled by.” -Robert Frost

Comment

I'm an ass. I'll refrain from my tasteless joke.

Comment

So he isn’t gone?

http://wxrt.cbslocal.com/2017/10/02/tom-petty-dead-at-66/

CORRECTION:A previous version of this article cited incorrect information distributed by the LAPD to CBS confirming Tom Petty’s death. Petty remains hospitalized at this time.
                “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less travelled by.” -Robert Frost

Comment

He's not quite dead yet.

Pete (thinks he might pull through)

Comment

Originally posted by Plezercruz View Post
                    He's not quite dead yet.

Pete (thinks he might pull through)
                    He's brain dead.
                    "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

He has officially passed.

Comment

I was thinking if there has been a more accomplished rock star to come out of Florida?

Comment

Tom Petty is the one guy I point at and say, "There's one guy who didn't get where he is because of his looks."

Pete (will miss the guy)

Comment

Originally posted by Plezercruz View Post
                            Tom Petty is the one guy I point at and say, "There's one guy who didn't get where he is because of his looks."

Pete (will miss the guy)
                            Its funny because my mom would say the same thing. She said for a small, skinny, not so good looking guy with not a lot of range he made the best of what god gave him.

Comment

His songs are fun and make me feel good.
                              I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Comment

He never took himself too seriously either. Always had a good guitar riff too.

Comment

Working...
                                X