The Boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Boys

On Amazon Prime. It's rather entertaining.
    HFM

As long as there exists people with religion and a belief in God, there will never be a Libertarian state.

This is very high on my to-do list. The wife wants nothing to do with it, or I'd likely have already finished the season. Glad to see more endorsements -- I'll try to remember to find this thread when I've finally watched some.
    They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
    -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion...Im going to look for it.
      Originally posted by Mr. Raceboy
      I'm a lot more worried about the commies running DC than I am about commies half way around the world.

Comment

I watched all of it in 2 days (been raining here a lot on weekends) and loved it. Karl Urban is great and Dennis Quaid's kid is pretty good too. I won't give any spoilers other than to say what I always do; power corrupts and there are no saviors.
        "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

I finished it a few days ago. Looking forward to season 2.

Comment

I meant to post about this show earlier. It's one of the better shows I've seen come out of Amazon.
            DEEZ NUTS FOR PRESIDENT!!

Comment

I heard this show is depressing.

Pete (doesn't do depressing shows)

Comment

Originally posted by Plezercruz View Post
                I heard this show is depressing.

Pete (doesn't do depressing shows)
                I hate depressing shows as well. While there are some scenes that could be depressing (the airplane scene pissed me off more than depressed me) the show as a whole is defintely not. It's got everything... Revenge, action, comedy etc.
                DEEZ NUTS FOR PRESIDENT!!

Comment

Yeah, I didn't find it depressing. It's no "Life Is Beautiful".

I end up watching the craziest things on Netflix in addition to the big shows. I watched this kind of Indian Stranger Things called Typewriter. The kids in it were hilarious. Now I'm watching this crazy show set in 1990's Northern Ireland called Derry Girls, also funny as hell.
                  "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

Im enjoying it so far. On the 3rd episode...
                    I'm a lot more worried about the commies running DC than I am about commies half way around the world.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	theboys.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	511531

This is a good watch. Also a very fast watch at 8 episodes.
                      How to describe it...This is a Very dark, adult, violent and fun superhero series. If you can imagine all of that. It's kinda like Watchmen, with humor, but not the drama. There are not many heroes in this. The actor Antony Starr is terrifying at points.
                      The pacing in general is really good, music is fairly spot on for your Gen-X people (target audience) and that's why the series flies by so fast. So overall it's a good romp.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1190634/

Name:	584980-theboys01.jpg
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	511533

The Boys is an American comic book series, written by Garth Ennis and co-created, designed, and illustrated by Darick Robertson. It was originally published by Wildstorm before moving to Dynamite Entertainment.

The series is set between 20062008[1] in a world where superheroes exist. However, most of the superheroes in the series' universe are corrupted by their celebrity status and often engage in reckless behavior, compromising the safety of the world. The story follows a small clandestine CIA squad, informally known as "The Boys", led by Butcher and also consisting of Mother's Milk, the Frenchman, the Female, and new addition "Wee" Hughie Campbell, who are charged with monitoring the superhero community, often leading to gruesome confrontations and dreadful results; in parallel, a key subplot follows Annie "Starlight" January, a young and naive superhero who joins the Seven, the most prestigious and corrupted superhero group in the world and The Boys' most powerful enemies.

Ennis has said that The Boys would "out-Preacher Preacher", presumably referring to the extreme violence and sexuality that were that series' hallmark.[2] Started in October 2006, the series concluded in November 2012 with the release of the 72nd and final issue.
                      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boys_(comics)

Name:	wpid-boys21p11.jpg
Size:	226.7 KB
ID:	511532
                      Attached Files
                      01000010 01100001 01100001 00100000 01110111 01100101 01100101 01110000 00100000 01100111 01110010 01100001 01101000 01101110 01100001 00100000 01110111 01100101 01100101 01110000 00100000 01101110 01101001 01101110 01101110 01111001 00100000 01100010 01101111 01101110 01100111

Comment

Finished it over the weekend. I loved it. Thanks for the recommendation!

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information