Gran Turismo Sport Race Videos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gran Turismo Sport Race Videos

This was a great battle with the top 3 being all top rated players. Unlike Ferrari's real driver, Sebastian Vettel, I don't choke.

"Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

That was more fun to watch than I expected...
    Originally posted by Mr. Raceboy
    I'm a lot more worried about the commies running DC than I am about commies half way around the world.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzardmountain View Post
      That was more fun to watch than I expected...
      Thanks Robin! I love driving cars like this in the game meaning lower HP, lower grip, and everyone in identical cars with no setup options. This Ferrari has an open diff so you have to be careful on the throttle to keep from spinning the inside tire like crazy. These kind of cars are much more about a precision touch vs lightning reflexes.

Starting this month will be the GR Supra Cup which will culminate in a world final in Tokyo. I plan on taking it pretty seriously. I just missed the live event cut in the last GT Academy, but I suspect it will be harder this time. I also really love driving the new Supra in the game so it should be a lot of fun.

FYI: the reason you see my car's lights flashing constantly is because I'm just playing with the regular controller and not my wheel so it's hard not to push down on the sticks which flashes the high beams. I will use the wheel exclusively for the Supra Cup.
      "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

I didn't realize all the stats were tracked and posted online. I think a 31% win rate isn't bad. Real pro drivers would kill for a win rate like that. That's slightly better than Schumacher and slightly behind Lewis Hamilton. Keep in mind, when you race in Sport Mode (online against real humans) you are grouped with drivers of similar speed and similar sportsmanship so my wins have all been against top rated players. I can't wait for the Supra Challenge.

Not too shabby for a 47 year old man! LOL

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsp...ry/driverStats

Comment

I'm totally going to forget to watch this when I get home.

Pete (sighs)

Comment

Originally posted by Plezercruz View Post
            I'm totally going to forget to watch this when I get home.

Pete (sighs)
            I'm amazed if anyone actually watches. I have a new one I need to upload where I must have infuriated the guy behind me. I made my car 30 feet wide! LOL

Comment

These games have come a long way. Nice details like the cones flying and I particularly liked the drivers leaning into the turns.

Pete (remembered)

Comment

Okay, today was the first race of the GR Supra GT Cup for me. This is an FIA (the same government body as Formula 1) series. This will culminate for some people in a trip to Tokyo for the world finals. There are 13 rounds total. I really screwed myself in qualifying missing out on pole by just a tenth of a second because I never got a clear lap in the 10 minutes and by the time I got a clear lap, my tires were shot. This probably cost me the win.

At the start I was trying to be nice and not run into the back of the pole sitter, but it never fails, assholes dive bomb me roughing me up a bit. That Hugo Stiglitz 420 is a real piece of shit and pretty much ruined my race. Now by ruined, I mean I still got on the podium, but I had to do it fighting back from as low as 6th place. Not bad after getting a bullshit 4 second penalty (the car literally slows down for 4 seconds). So all in all I'm happy with round 1.

Sorry, had to split it into 2 videos to upload it to Youtube and I'm too lazy to combine them. Here you go if you're interested:

Comment

It's really great when you race clean drivers who drive just like they would in real life (thank you Gran Turismo for your sportmanship ranking so clean racers can race each other clean and the punters can all punt each other). This allows you to use actual racecraft like you would IRL where the guy behind you cannot just drive right through you so you can place your car to where they can't pass.

Comment

Working...
                  X