Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World's first recorded case of treatment-resistant super-gonorrhoea diagnosed in UK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it's a good time to be married.
    I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Comment

Well having unprotected sex in Thailand isn't always a good idea.

Comment

Why else would you go there?

Pete (laughs)

Comment

I can fix it!

(In test tubes)
          They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
          -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

I wouldn't call resistance to rocephin and azithromycin to be evidence of a "super bug. " there are several more levels of antibiotics that can be used for UTI's.
            "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Jared View Post

I wouldn't call resistance to rocephin and azithromycin to be evidence of a "super bug. " there are several more levels of antibiotics that can be used for UTI's.
              There was a woman, I think she got sick in India but may have ended up in Utah. By the time she died, they'd tried essentially every antibiotic on the market (in lab testing) -- none worked. We have a nasty on called HO41 that I always call MDR in grants because listing everything it's resistant to eats up the word count (including ceftriaxone and azithromycin).

There have been a few instances where colistin was the only thing that worked.

And the spread resistant strains is accelerating. There is a reason gonorrhea is one of the top three antimicrobial resistance threats at the CDC, despite the fact that it doesn't kill people.
              They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
              -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

I remember the case, she was in Reno of all places. I'm pretty sure we have a thread here about it.
                "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Comment

Gonorrhoea! Gonorrhoea! Gonorrhoea, gonorrhoea, gonoh-orrhoeeee-ah...

Oh, wait. That's not how the song goes.
                  I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Comment

When you're sitting in the grass, and you feel something splash!
                    Gonorrhea, bom bom, bom-she-bom gonorrhea bom bom...

Nope, that isn't the song either!
                    -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

Working...
                    X