Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.S. Said to Be Reluctant to Sell GM Stock at Current Price; Stock Now Near Record Low

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Motors(GM) shares fell to a fresh 2012 closing low of 19.57 on Monday. The stock hit 19 in mid-December, the lowest since the auto giant came public at $33 in November 2010 following its June 2009 bankruptcy.
    Include that $18 billion gift, and taxpayers' true loss climbs to nearly $35 billion.
    http://news.investors.com/article/61...hares-fall.htm
    I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Comment

Disbelieve!

Pete (shuts his eyes and hums)

Comment

I sure love how well the government "invests."

That's ok because they're coming back, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Plezercruz View Post
          Disbelieve!

Pete (shuts his eyes and hums)
          You seem to be good at giving hummers

Comment

This investment is so good that it is currently losing approximately $120 for every man, woman, and child, legal or illegal, gay or straight, black or white or hispanic, in the whole damned country.

Pete (thinks that's equality in action)

Comment

But we saved the economy and all those jobs, Pete.

Comment

This investment is so good that it is currently losing approximately $120 for every man, woman, and child, legal or illegal, gay or straight, black or white or hispanic, in the whole damned country.

Pete (thinks that's equality in action)
                Given the record of past bailouts, what exactly do you would have liked to happen? (in realistic terms)

Jeff(Notes that in those terms, we wasted alot more in the two major wars we are involved in. W/o the job savings Jon)

Comment

instead of all those bail outs, how about a $2000 per person tax credit?
                  "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Jared View Post
                    instead of all those bail outs, how about a $2000 per person tax credit?
                    In the mortgage crisis, that might have been a better idea. Bail out the actual homeowners vs the big finanicals

Comment

combining all the bailouts, the total was what, 2 trillion or so?

2,000,000,000,000/

= $5,714

The feds would have done better to write checks to every man, woman and child in the US for that amount, rather than bailing out all these banks and corporations.
                      "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff92se View Post
                        Given the record of past bailouts, what exactly do you would have liked to happen? (in realistic terms)

Jeff(Notes that in those terms, we wasted alot more in the two major wars we are involved in. W/o the job savings Jon)
                        Didn't you just post this:

http://www.justput.com/forum/showpos...5&postcount=17

Pete (gapes)

Comment

Didn't you just post this:

http://www.justput.com/forum/showpos...5&postcount=17

Pete (gapes)
                          I think I asked you a question right? Or are you just addressing the Jeff(xx) statement?

If there were no bailouts of the auto industry, the unemployment numbers would be worse and you'd still be griping. And might have doomed Ford in the process

Comment

Washington - General Motors Co. stock fell 1.2 percent Wednesday, closing at $18.80, down $0.22, on worries about Europe — the first time the Detroit automaker's stock has closed below $19 a share since its initial public offering.
                            From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz21l64HeWy

-Jon (wonders how much of a loss the government could have cut years ago)

Comment

Didn't they just post record profits*?

Pete (struggles with this one)

Comment

Washington -The Treasury Department says in a new report the government expects to lose more than $25 billion on the $85 billion auto bailout. That's 15 percent higher than its previous forecast.
                                From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz23SByH1cG

Comment

Working...
                                X