No announcement yet.

Is California Becoming Unlivable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.4? Really? That's trivial, barely perceptible.

And let's not forget all of the natural disasters we don't get, like hurricanes, tornados, sinkholes, blizzards, snow, New York, and swamps.

Admittedly, we do have a nasty case of math-illiterate liberals, so the state fiances are in terrible shape and getting worse.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ĖMark Twain

Comment

Snow is a natural disaster that lasts 6 months every year.
      "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared View Post
        4.4? Really? That's trivial, barely perceptible.

And let's not forget all of the natural disasters we don't get, like hurricanes, tornados, sinkholes, blizzards, snow, New York, and swamps.

Admittedly, we do have a nasty case of math-illiterate liberals, so the state fiances are in terrible shape and getting worse.
        The author was on the radio this morning. She told me that "millions of square acres" of California have been burned this summer.

Pete (thinks it's safe to say she can't do math)

Comment

Originally posted by skooly View Post
          Snow is a natural disaster that lasts 6 months every year.
          Every damned year.

Pete (is already having anxiety)

Comment

California's disasters that really matter aren't natural. They're completely man-made.

I spent a week back in the 80's working in downtown San Francisco, When I returned back to the office in OKC, our Home Office asked me if I would like to transfer to San Francisco. I asked them if they were trying to get me to quit. I threw a lot of money away that day and haven't looked back.
            At the precipice, we change!
            The problem with Capitalism is that humans run it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronny View Post
              California's disasters that really matter aren't natural. They're completely man-made.

I spent a week back in the 80's working in downtown San Francisco, When I returned back to the office in OKC, our Home Office asked me if I would like to transfer to San Francisco. I asked them if they were trying to get me to quit. I threw a lot of money away that day and haven't looked back.
              Yup, like all those uncontrollable fires, from man-made global warming.
              For every ailment under the sun - There is a remedy, or there is none;
              If there be one, try to find it; If there be none, never mind it. -- Mother Goose

"Weíve always assumed that you canít bring back the dead. But itís a matter of when you pickle the cells." -- Peter Rhee

Comment

Funny...

...all these places with uncontrollable wildfires...

...I sure wish I lived there.

Pete (mishandled his life somehow to still live here)

Comment

Originally posted by Ronny View Post
                  Was it like Country Mouse in the Big City?

Comment

Originally posted by Plezercruz View Post
                    The author was on the radio this morning. She told me that "millions of square acres" of California have been burned this summer.

Whatís a square acre? She could be on the metric system.

dusty (has the burn area in 2018 in CA at 1.25 million acres per Wikipedia)
                    For every ailment under the sun - There is a remedy, or there is none;
                    If there be one, try to find it; If there be none, never mind it. -- Mother Goose

"Weíve always assumed that you canít bring back the dead. But itís a matter of when you pickle the cells." -- Peter Rhee

Comment

Itís a good thing they aren't round, or else we'd really be in trouble.
                      "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ĖMark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by dusty View Post
                        Yup, like all those uncontrollable fires, from man-made global warming.
                        Itís not global warming, it's a policy of not fighting forest fires unless they threaten man made structures, and then building structures all over the damn place in the forest.

So, they fight every fire, keep them limited in area, which allows the fuel to build up until the fires become uncontrollable.

Comment

Funny...

...all these places with uncontrollable wildfires...

...I sure wish I lived there.

Pete (mishandled his life somehow to still live here)
                          California has been good to me. The mid-term plan is to buy another house and, an office building. Iíd like to retire in 20-25 years, maybe move to Palos Verdes, Rolling Hills, Newport Beach, Malibu or, possibly Northern California. Having travelled all over the United States, itís hard to think of anywhere better except maybe Hawaii where I may spend a good amount of time visiting in retirement. The food, the things to do, the opportunities are second to none.

Earthquake impacted me only once back in Ď91 and, that was covered by earthquake insurance. The tough thing about California is itís damn expensive in every way. Although one can manage with half as much, Iíd say $150,000 per year is needed to feel comfortable here. But, as long as you are earning well, thereís no where else Iíd rather be.

Dan (thinks traffic is a greater issue than the fires and ground movement)
                          HFM

As long as there exists people with religion and a belief in God, there will never be a Libertarian state.

Comment

Before I started traveling and before I put down the Limbaugh/Hanity Republican Koolaid, I thought 90+% of America was unlivable. Take NYC for example. Why they even tell you how big your soda can be!!! My first time I went, it was part of a larger road trip and only went as a bucket list thing to see the Statue of Liberty and other major tourist sites. I absolutely fell in love with the place. Spent a total of 15 days on 3 trips. Now I haven't "lived" there and it's extremely likely I'd never be able to afford to. But if I hit the Powerball, I'd definitely be buying a place there. You have the world at your fingertips there.

What's unlivable to me or you is subjective and totally different for others. I live in a very sparsely populated rural area and if I get the cops called on me for hiking within 2.5 miles of my house, how livable is my neighborhood for a black man? I don't think there are 10 black people living within a 10 mile radius of my house. I always thought the country life was the place to be but these people are all up in your business too. I just have lots of trees as cover.

I haven't been to California yet but it is definitely on my to do list. 8 National Parks. I'm sure LA has a huge cultural scene but being spread out and traffic has me worried.

Comment

My wife and I toured Los Angeles many years ago. It was literally 20 years ahead of Miami in terms of art, culture, and food. I hope South Florida has caught up a little since then, but there is no denying Californiaís greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by electrician1976 View Post
                                Before I started traveling and before I put down the Limbaugh/Hanity Republican Koolaid, I thought 90+% of America was unlivable. Take NYC for example. Why they even tell you how big your soda can be!!! My first time I went, it was part of a larger road trip and only went as a bucket list thing to see the Statue of Liberty and other major tourist sites. I absolutely fell in love with the place. Spent a total of 15 days on 3 trips. Now I haven't "lived" there and it's extremely likely I'd never be able to afford to. But if I hit the Powerball, I'd definitely be buying a place there. You have the world at your fingertips there.

What's unlivable to me or you is subjective and totally different for others. I live in a very sparsely populated rural area and if I get the cops called on me for hiking within 2.5 miles of my house, how livable is my neighborhood for a black man? I don't think there are 10 black people living within a 10 mile radius of my house. I always thought the country life was the place to be but these people are all up in your business too. I just have lots of trees as cover.

I haven't been to California yet but it is definitely on my to do list. 8 National Parks. I'm sure LA has a huge cultural scene but being spread out and traffic has me worried.

People all up in your business seems to be inversely proportional to population density. I swear, if there were only three people on earth, two of them would be talking about what the third one was doing. But, you want to ride a camel dressed head to toe in green iridescent spandex while chanting satanic-sounding prayers through Central Park in NYC, not even the tourists will give you much more than a second look.
                                They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
                                -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

Working...
                                X