No announcement yet.

Hurricane Florence on track to hit East Coast as major storm later this week

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a good thing all those people don't live in California, because they have earthquakes there!
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Comment

Its going to be a big boy!

We got hit by Irma a year ago.

Comment

One nice things about these hurricanes. They blow hot air at us in Chicago.

Pete (is looking forward to another summer weekend)

Comment

We are preparing...
          Originally posted by Mr. Raceboy
          I'm a lot more worried about the commies running DC than I am about commies half way around the world.

Comment

Good luck, Robin.

Pete (can PM you his cell number in case you lose touch via internet)

Comment

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...911-story.html

A Category 4 hurricane is heading toward Washington. So are the Cubs. Here are 5 things to know about Thursday’s makeup game.

Thursday’s afternoon makeup game between the Cubs and Nationals is still on schedule in Washington in spite of Hurricane Florence’s approach.
              According to the radio this morning the Cubs are seriously considering forfeiting the game to not have to fly into harm's way.

Pete (thinks they're bluffing)

Comment

Be safe Robin. We werw in the same boat last year at this time with Irma and we dodged a bullet. Let's hope you are just as lucky.
                "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

I wont ride out anything over a Cat 2. Be safe Robin.

Comment

Yikes. Evacuate early, if need be.
                    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Comment

We have a guest room here in MA if you need it.
                      They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
                      -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

Stay safe east coasters.
                        “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less travelled by.” -Robert Frost

Comment

Originally posted by Plezercruz View Post
                          http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...911-story.html

According to the radio this morning the Cubs are seriously considering forfeiting the game to not have to fly into harm's way.

Pete (thinks they're bluffing)
                          The game is being played today. The wind will be blowing in...hard. Like really really hard. Maybe 30-50 mph hard, though gusts of 20 mph are being forcasted.

Pete (might actually try to watch that game)

Comment

I hope everybody is doing well. How's the game?

Comment

Cubs won 4-3. The wind did appear to be a factor, keeping some longballs in the park, but it never got super windy, and the team was able to fly out of Washington without incident.

Pete (was mildly disappointed)

Comment

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and offers! We have been getting the first bands of wind and rain for the last hour or so. If you look at a map of NC, we are in the very center of the state. Find Charlotte on the map and look about 60 miles east. We are stocked up on food, water, generator, fuel, etc... I’m more worried about the rain than the wind. I’ve seen rain forecasts for our area between 17-42” of rain.
                                Originally posted by Mr. Raceboy
                                I'm a lot more worried about the commies running DC than I am about commies half way around the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X