G.M. to Idle Plants and Cut Thousands of Jobs as Sales Slow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Props for finding the Obama angle,
    "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Jon View Post

He never bought one.
      Even Obama can’’t part with his $$$ for such a turd...
      Originally posted by Mr. Raceboy
      I'm a lot more worried about the commies running DC than I am about commies half way around the world.

Comment

Obama wasn't stupid enough to buy a Volt. Props to him.

And GM should have failed back in 2007. The bailout only allowed an encouraged them to stay the same failing course for 11 more years (and counting).
        I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Comment

Brother bought a Volt (had a G37 coupe too so he's not some crazy environmentalist) The Volt excels where ICE cars fail. Short commutes in the city. He literally never has to buy gas. Charges at home and at work. But the Volt does have a small ICE engine if needed that doesn't drive the wheels but charges the batteries.

Not sure why you guys hate GM. They have been producing some crazy cars like all the Camaro variations to combat Ford's Mustang. Cadillac div gave us all the CTS-V variations and the ATS-V sport twin turbo v6.

Same with Chrysler with their insane Hellcat motors in whatever they put in them.

Comment

I don't hate GM or Chrysler. I simply find no reason to keep propping them up.

Pete (just doesn't think they're profitable)

Comment

https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...ops/819761002/

Comment

Are they still exempt from paying federal income taxes?
                "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Comment

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/03/busin...tax/index.html

Not exempt. Just not required to pay because of the above.

Comment

Originally posted by Plezercruz View Post
                    I don't hate GM or Chrysler. I simply find no reason to keep propping them up.

Pete (just doesn't think they're profitable)
                    Feel the same way about Ford?

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/...HOO&yptr=yahoo

If you think General Motors Corp.'s recent announcement about factory closings and layoffs was huge, wait until Ford Motor Co.'s (F - Get Report) restructuring plans are revealed.

That's according to Morgan Stanley analysts, who in a research note on Monday indicated that Ford's restructuring is likely to be "more extensive" than GM's (GM - Get Report) -- and could involve laying off tens of thousands of employees globally.

Comment

I'm fine with all three going out of business.

Pete (can buy imports if that's most efficient)

Comment

Not me. Because you'll never get the likes of Nissan/Toyota/Subaru/Germans to produce cars like this. Regardless if I buy one or not.
                        https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2...niac-hellsled/

Comment

That's patently American all right!

Pete (laughs)

Comment

And the Camaro, Mustang, ATS-V, CTS-V. Dodge performance SUVs etc.................

Jeff (doesn't want the automotive choices to be vanilla FWD camrys and accords

Comment

Originally posted by skooly View Post
                              Props for finding the Obama angle,
                              He said what he had to in order to get the useful idiots to support corporate welfare.
                              "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

Does that apply to the bank and insurance industries also?

Comment

Working...
                                X