Aurora: AR-15
    Orlando: AR-15
    Parkland: AR-15
    Las Vegas: AR-15
    Sandy Hook: AR-15
    Texas Church: AR-15
    San Bernardino: AR-15
    Waffle House: AR-15

It's the mass murderer's weapon of choice.
    Cherry Picking
    For every ailment under the sun - There is a remedy, or there is none;
    If there be one, try to find it; If there be none, never mind it. -- Mother Goose

"We’ve always assumed that you can’t bring back the dead. But it’s a matter of when you pickle the cells." -- Peter Rhee

Comment

Originally posted by dusty View Post
      Is the "Great Moments in Gun History" thread gone? I liked reading the juxtaposed stories on both sides.
      The Great Moments in Gun History thread was meant to be a "News of the Weird" for gun crimes and shootings... to show my gun-loving, gun-obsessed libertarian friends the darker, frequently ironic, and ultimately tragic costs for living in a society so awash in guns like ours. For all our guns, we are not any safer. Then Jon started spamming it with articles about successful defensive gun uses. For the gun-obsessed, the answer is always more guns, no matter the cost. So it became an open book of sorts and our preeminent collection of examples on both sides of the argument. Now it has been lost to the ravages of The Upgrade, as have many other good threads, and The People demand its return.

"I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Comment

Originally posted by dusty View Post
        Is the "Great Moments in Gun History" thread gone? I liked reading the juxtaposed stories on both sides.

Also, I think I am unable to comment in reply to the polls. I can vote in the polls.
        Gone for now. Trying to recover all the lost threads.

Pete (tired to post all these in that thread, but it wasn't there)

Comment

Originally posted by skooly View Post

The Great Moments in Gun History thread was meant to be a "News of the Weird" for gun crimes and shootings... to show my gun-loving, gun-obsessed libertarian friends the darker, frequently ironic, and ultimately tragic costs for living in a society so awash in guns like ours. For all our guns, we are not any safer. Then Jon started spamming it with articles about successful defensive gun uses. For the gun-obsessed, the answer is always more guns, no matter the cost. So it became an open book of sorts and our preeminent collection of examples on both sides of the argument. Now it has been lost to the ravages of The Upgrade, as have many other good threads, and The People demand its return.

How dare the person who provides you this site free of charge "spam" your thread (and by spam you mean constantly reminding you of reality). And then you wonder why the guy doesn't even come around any more.

Steve (looked up Chutzpah in the dictionary and found skooly's picture)
          "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

That's pretty high and mighty there, Steve. You sound like the church lady.
            They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
            -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

I'm not sure if it's recoverable, but the vBulletin people sure talk a good game about it...we'll see.

Pete (thinks perhaps the death of that thread is a mixed blessing where you and Jon are concerned)

Comment

Jon and I couldn't be more different on gun policy, but it's never personal between us. If every gun owner was as responsible as he is, this country wouldn't have a gun problem.

We lost a lot of really great threads... like the Entertaining Thing I Found on the Web thread. It was great to look at old posts and laugh all over again.
                "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Comment

Jon and I couldn't be more different on gun policy, but it's never personal between us.
                  You might not want to assume...
                  Originally posted by Mr. Raceboy
                  I'm a lot more worried about the commies running DC than I am about commies half way around the world.

Comment

https://www.nola.com/crime/2018/12/m...t-charges.html

Woman who fatally shot husband released without charges

A Metairie woman who fatally shot her husband has been released from custody without charges. She provided investigators “a detailed and well-documented history of physical and psychological abuse by her husband,” the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office said Saturday (Dec. 8)

“The woman stated that another incident of physical abuse occurred through the evening hours yesterday that included escalating altercations and attempted strangulation,” Rivarde said. “Fearing that the years of abuse would culminate in the loss of her life, she shot her husband. She displayed multiple physical injuries that corroborated her account.”
                    Pete (updates)

Comment

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...222577045.html

Mother shoots samurai sword-wielding son in self-defense, Fort Worth police say

Officer Jimmy Pollozani said a woman and her 21-year-old son were arguing inside a home in the 3000 block of Forest Avenue, directly across from the middle school.

At one point during the argument, the son pulled a samurai sword out and the mother shot him in the leg, Pollozani said.
                      Pete (had to check to make sure this wasn't the Onion)

Comment

https://www.kshb.com/news/crime/woma...ity-police-say

Woman shoots home invader; two arrested, Kansas City police say

Two suspects are in custody after police say they forced their way into a woman's home Monday morning at Coach House Apartments at 114th Street and Holmes Road.

Police said the home invasion wasn't random and that the suspects came to the woman's apartment for a reason. Police are investigating the connection.

"There was an exchange of fire between the homeowner and the suspects. The homeowner was not struck, and the suspects fled the scene," KCPD spokesman Sgt. Jake Becchina said.

A short time later, one of the suspects who was shot showed up at a nearby hospital.
                        Pete (supposes he was either hurt pretty badly or pretty dumb)

Comment

https://southcoastherald.co.za/33303...house-robbery/

Intruder shot dead in foiled Ramsgate house robbery

According to the Ramsgate Community Policing Forum, an intruder was shot and killed by the homeowner after entering a property in Ramsgate on Tuesday (yesterday) afternoon.
                          Pete (thinks that just happened because the info is a bit sparse)

Comment

https://www.wtvy.com/content/news/Co...473036243.html

Convicted sex offender shot by woman after breaking into home

A Blakely woman shot a convicted sex offender to death over the weekend after he allegedly broke into her home. During a 9-1-1 call placed late Saturday the victim reported she was assaulted after discovering 53-year old Michael Lindsey hiding in a closet of her home. The woman’s 12-year old daughter was also present.
                            Pete (is amused that the article goes on to tell you that the cops arrived later to try to help after it was all over)

Comment

Originally posted by Plezercruz View Post
                              https://www.wtvy.com/content/news/Co...473036243.html

Pete (is amused that the article goes on to tell you that the cops arrived later to try to help after it was all over)
                              When seconds count......
                              "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Plezercruz View Post
                                https://southcoastherald.co.za/33303...house-robbery/

Pete (thinks that just happened because the info is a bit sparse)
                                it's in New Zeland. More here: https://southcoastherald.co.za/26559...raphic-photos/

The police have not, as yet, arrested the resident for the death of the intruder. The only reason he was able to shoot one was because they were stupid, and allowed him to close the door to his room with the dog inside, which allowed him to go to the safe and unlock it to get his gun.
                                "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X