U.S. Troops Among Dead in Islamic State Bombing in Syria

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Troops Among Dead in Islamic State Bombing in Syria

A suicide bombing in northern Syria claimed by the Islamic State killed 15 people on Wednesday, according to a group that monitors the conflict. In Washington, a Defense Department official said American troops were among the dead and wounded.

The attack comes at a time when President Trump is pushing to withdraw American forces from Syria because he says the jihadists have been defeated.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights put the death toll at 15 and said one American soldier was among the dead. The Defense Department official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said there were multiple American casualties but did not give specific numbers.

“U.S. service members were killed during an explosion while conducting a routine patrol in Syria today,” the Baghdad-based American headquarters for the fight against the Islamic State said in a statement posted on Twitter. “We are still gathering information and will share additional details at a later time.”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/16/w...gtype=Homepage
    "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

But Trump said we defeated ISIS in Syria.
    "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Comment

US Presidents have to stop with declarations of victory in general.

Pete (thinks they should let historians do that for them)

Comment

Before declaring victory and the intention to withdraw troops...he should’ve consulted the Neocons and war mongering Democrats.
        Originally posted by Mr. Raceboy
        I'm a lot more worried about the commies running DC than I am about commies half way around the world.

Comment

Why can't a President say something along the lines of, "There's still more work to be done, but we trust our partners in the region to carry on the good work without us."

Would it kill anyone to withdraw troops without declaring victory?

Pete (supposes it might)

Comment

There are enough unwise people in this country who don't understand a strategic retreat.
            I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Comment

Working...
            X