• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesla CEO violated SEC agreement with misleading tweet, agency says

Looks like Elon Musk and the SEC just can't get along:

https://abc7chicago.com/tesla-ceo-vi...-says/5157077/
    Tesla CEO violated SEC agreement with misleading tweet, agency says

Tesla's CEO may have violated an agreement with the Securities and Exchange commission with a misleading tweet last week, the agency said in a court filing on Monday.

The SEC accused Elon Musk of violating the terms of an August settlement with an "inaccurate" tweet last week about the company's manufacturing projections and asked a judge to hold him in contempt of court, according to the filing.

"Musk did not seek or receive pre-approval prior to publishing this tweet, which was inaccurate and disseminated to over 24 million people," the SEC said in a filing with the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. "Musk has thus violated the court's final judgment by engaging in the very conduct that the pre- approval provision of the final judgment was designed to prevent."
    Pete (wonders why people can't just stop tweeting)

I've never tweeted. I'm sure that comes as no great surprise.
    At the precipice, we change!
    The problem with Capitalism is that humans run it.

Comment

I've squawked.
      They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
      -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

Iíve tooted...
        Originally posted by Mr. Raceboy
        I'm a lot more worried about the commies running DC than I am about commies half way around the world.

Comment

Working...
        X