X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Trebek diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer

https://www.counton2.com/entertainme...r-1/1831471853

Alex Trebek diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer

Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek said he has been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

The popular game show host made the announcement in a video on the show's YouTube channel.

In the video, Trebek said he was diagnosed this week, "just like 50,000 other people in the United States each year."

The prognosis for those diagnosed with the disease, especially at such an advanced stage, "is not very encouraging," Trebek admitted. But he said he is "going to fight this, and I’m going to keep working."

He said he will lean on the love and support of family and friends, and also called for "the help of your prayers also" to beat the disease.

In fact, he joked, he has no choice but to win this fight because "under the terms of my contract, I have to host Jeopardy! for three more years!

"So help me," he asked in the video. "Keep the faith and we’ll win. We’ll get it done. Thank you."
    Pete (sighs)

Awful beyond words.
    "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Comment

An excellent attitude and a terrible diagnosis. I'm happy for him that he's made a great career by doing something he loves. I hope he recovers.
      "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Comment

I'll take, "just about he worst news you could recieve" for $1,000.

That's a bummer, I hope he's one of the rare few who pull through, and I hope he does it with a evolutionary new therapy that makes a pancreatic cancer diagnosis comparable with a cold diagnosis in terms of long-term prognosis.
        They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
        -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information