43 Shot, 7 Dead, No One Cares

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 43 Shot, 7 Dead, No One Cares

Hmm, how is this not major news? I guess it only matters if they are all in one place, white, and the shooter is white (and they hopefully used an AR-15 for an extra double bonus score). Otherwise, it doesn't fit the narrative and is not to be talked about.

At least 43 people were shot, seven fatally, in Chicago over the Memorial Day weekend even as severe storms kept people indoors and 1,200 extra officers patrolled the streets.

The toll was slightly higher than last yearís Memorial Day weekend, when 39 people were shot, seven of them fatally, according to shooting data kept by the Tribune. In 2017, 45 people were shot, seven of them killed. And in 2016, 71 people shot, six of them fatally, in one of the most violent Memorial Day weekends in recent years.
    https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...527-story.html

I always hear that black lives matter, but you wouldn't know it from the agenda driven leftists.

Steve (knows why the left wants to concentrate on an arbitrary subset of gun homicides)
    "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Crime that is frequent and commonplace is not news almost by definition. Why isnít it national news anytime anyone anywhere is shot and killed for any reason? Because itís common and not newsworthy, absent some special detail.

Combining a bunch of not newsworthy local shootings to say that there are a lot of them can be news, but mostly only to the audience in that immediate local area, because such stories stoke the localsí safety concerns.

A ďmassĒ shooting has that special angle that makes it newsworthy, which youíve identified. Itís when one person goes on a rampage and kills many people. Itís frequent enough that the news is often about the frequency, but still rare enough that almost every incident is newsworthy. And if the shooter and/or the victims are relatable to the middle class news-watching audience, all the better for the news station.
    For every ailment under the sun - There is a remedy, or there is none;
    If there be one, try to find it; If there be none, never mind it. -- Mother Goose

"We've always assumed that you can't bring back the dead. But it's a matter of when you pickle the cells." -- Peter Rhee

Comment

News is only what doesn't happen all the time.

Pete (always points out that news items are typically rare when someone gets all up in arms about a news item)

Comment

Mass shootings are almost becoming routine and unnewsworthy.

Another one in Virginia Beach and barely a bleep in the thread about it.
        "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Comment

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...htmlstory.html

It's on Trump's agenda like the OP.

But the BLM movement against the Chicago police is clearly backfiring. Why would the police dept go out and actually investigate crimes by blacks against blacks when there's a chance at them being criticized if they "harm" either side? If the police are going to be criticized for treating blacks badly, then it looks like they will simply let black treat each other badly and stay out of it.
          Last edited by Jeff92se; 06-04-2019, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skooly View Post

We need more bleepers.
            At the precipice, we change!
            The problem with Capitalism is that humans run it.

Comment

Originally posted by skooly View Post

The shooter was black and didn't use a scary black rifle so not a suitable subject for your agenda or your media overlord's agenda.

Steve (knows it would have been a lot different with the perfect white shooter/AR-15 combo the hidden agenda mob salivates over)
              Last edited by Mr. Raceboy; 06-04-2019, 08:13 PM.
              "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

TLDNR
                They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
                -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

Originally posted by Ronny View Post

We need more bleepers.
                  My bad, I should have gone with bleat.

Comment

If you care so much about it, what do you intend to do about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Raceboy View Post

The shooter was black and didn't use a scary black rifle so not a suitable subject for your agenda or your media overlord's agenda.

Steve (knows it would have been a lot different with the perfect white shooter/AR-15 combo the hidden agenda mob salivates over)
                      The shooter used a high capacity magazines and a silencer. There's plenty for the anti-2A crowd to complain about.

Jeff(knows the NRA would be much more vocal if the shooter was white)

Comment

Working...
                      X