Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S&P 500 Has Performed Far Worse Under Trump Than Under Obama

Click image for larger version

Name:	image?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffortunedotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2019%2F06%2Fcomparison_trump_obama.png&w=700&q=85.png
Views:	1
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	510183

The short answer is that Trump has quite a way to go. Under Obama, the S&P 500 grew by 56.4%. The Dow Jones Industrials Average was up 50.6% and the Nasdaq, 92.9%.

The numbers under Trump were 21.4% for the S&P 500, 25.2% for the Dow, and 34.2% for Nasdaq.

“The first three years of the Obama years is confidence returning to the market and investors emerging out of the bunker mentality of the financial crisis,” Mitchell said.

“In President Trump’s case, his very pro-business attitude unleashed some animal spirits in markets and for business leaders,” said Mark Hamrick, senior economic analyst at Bankrate.com. “But he has also been unpredictable. His decisions on trade have been negative for business sentiment and also for the real economy.”
    http://fortune.com/2019/06/03/stock-...rpRf1mrYmM1dk0
    "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

It's cute anyone thinks the POTUS is impacting this and not the Fed.

Steve (has watched this mother of all bubbles inflate for a long time)
    "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

It's cute you think you understand this better than the analysts.
      They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
      -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
        It's cute you think all the analysts agree the POTUS is a primary driving factor in the stock market:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-f...194426366.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/investo...es-the-market/

Steve (knows it's a lot easier to trick the financially illiterate masses than it is to convince them they have been tricked)
        "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

Well yeah, Obama started near the bottom of a deep recession, so the US economy had nowhere to go but up.

Pete (wonders why people engage in stupidity like this)

Comment

It’s cute when you realize Trump himself thought he was responsible for wall street’’s performance when it was souring. Hence the name of the article. Also note most of Trump’s voting base also believes he was responsible.

The Fed has also basically kept interest rates flat for the past few years
            Last edited by Jeff92se; 06-13-2019, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff92se View Post
              It’s cute when you realize Trump himself thought he was responsible for wall street’’s performance when it was souring. Hence the name of the article. Also note most of Trump’s voting base also believes he was responsible.

The Fed has also basically kept interest rates flat for the past few years
              Well yeah, Trump's voting base will believe whatever is good for Trump. Just as the Obama fans will point to that graph and say "our guy was bettah!"

Pete (thinks they're all a bunch of chumps)

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
                Are analysts any better? Almost no one called the housing crisis, and most of those that did are "permabears" who almost always calling for crashes.
                One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.

Comment

For every ailment under the sun - There is a remedy, or there is none;
                  If there be one, try to find it; If there be none, never mind it. -- Mother Goose

"We've always assumed that you can't bring back the dead. But it's a matter of when you pickle the cells." -- Peter Rhee

Comment

Originally posted by dusty View Post
                    That's adorable.

Comment

Originally posted by tquill View Post

Are analysts any better? Almost no one called the housing crisis, and most of those that did are "permabears" who almost always calling for crashes.
                      You would have had to have been blind not to see the housing crash coming. I watched countless people I knew in Ca with virtually no income getting approved for half million dollar plus loans.

The only thing I did wrong was I underestimated how bad it was going to be or else once I sold in Ca I would have just rented in Fl for the next couple of years.

Steve (sold at the absolute peak of the market)

Comment

Working...
                      X