US cop fired over deadly shooting 'rehired to get pension'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US cop fired over deadly shooting 'rehired to get pension'

A US police officer who was fired after shooting dead an unarmed man was temporarily rehired so he could apply for a pension, local media report.

Philip Brailsford, 28, killed 26-year-old Daniel Shaver in the hallway of an Arizona hotel in early 2016.

He was fired and charged with murder - but was acquitted at trial in 2017.

Records show that he was briefly rehired last year so he could apply for a lifetime pension worth more than $2,500 (£2,000) a month.

The move meant he could be medically retired - rather than fired - which made him eligible for the pension.

"He was eligible for retirement benefits, so he applied for them," local official Chris Brady told ABC News. He added that Mr Brailsford had submitted a claim of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in connection with the shooting.

The former officer signed an agreement with city officials that allowed him to apply for an accidental disability pension and medical retirement, the Mesa Police Department said.

Records, seen by the Arizona Republic newspaper, show that Mr Brailsford was reinstated for 42 days last August so he could make the application.

"[He] was not in any way fulfilling a capacity as a police officer" during this time, a police spokesman told the newspaper.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48969432
    01000010 01100001 01100001 00100000 01110111 01100101 01100101 01110000 00100000 01100111 01110010 01100001 01101000 01101110 01100001 00100000 01110111 01100101 01100101 01110000 00100000 01101110 01101001 01101110 01101110 01111001 00100000 01100010 01101111 01101110 01100111

I couldíve sworn I updated the original thread this morning...weird.
    Originally posted by Mr. Raceboy
    I'm a lot more worried about the commies running DC than I am about commies half way around the world.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzardmountain View Post
      I couldíve sworn I updated the original thread this morning...weird.
      You did, but the indexing of pre-crash threads is fubar'd.
      "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Comment

Iím seeing both. Iíll say the same thing here I did there:
        motherfucker
        They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
        -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

Originally posted by skooly View Post

You did, but the indexing of pre-crash threads is fubar'd.
          Gotcha...thanks. No big deal...I just thought it was weird.

And to get back on topic. Looking at examples like this, how can anyone say that we need more f^cking government in our lives. I donít foresee this guy collecting too much of this pension. A family member of the person the cop murdered might make him permanently retired.
          Last edited by buzzardmountain; 07-12-2019, 05:38 PM.
          Originally posted by Mr. Raceboy
          I'm a lot more worried about the commies running DC than I am about commies half way around the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
            Im seeing both.
            not me...
            For every ailment under the sun - There is a remedy, or there is none;
            If there be one, try to find it; If there be none, never mind it. -- Mother Goose

"We've always assumed that you can't bring back the dead. But it's a matter of when you pickle the cells." -- Peter Rhee

Comment

You murder someone and then have the chutzpah to ask for a medical pension due PTSD because you murdered someone? The worst part is? He'll get the pension. This is government in a nutshell and anyone who wants more of it is mentally defective.
              "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

Don't blame the government--blame the jury that acquitted him.

Comment

Don't blame the government--blame the jury that acquitted him.
                  Acquitted by a jury every bit a part of the faithful flock as yourself, no doubt. That was a "show trial" if there ever was one as are nearly all cop trials.

Here's the reality from the ACLU and not your boot-licking cult dogma:

ĎYouíre Fuckedí: The Acquittal of Officer Brailsford and the Crisis of Police Impunity
                  https://www.aclu.org/blog/criminal-l...brailsford-and

Steve (says it again, "mentally defective")
                  Last edited by Mr. Raceboy; 07-14-2019, 03:39 PM.
                  "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

I called it murder two years ago, but donít let that get in the way of your angry anti-government rant.

Comment

I called it murder two years ago, but donít let that get in the way of your angry anti-government rant.
                      You called it murder but the guy walked! What do you do? Praise the entity the murderer works for that polices itself and lets its executioner walk and then you ask for more of the same! Yes sir, may you have another. Let us all know when you wake up from your coma.

Keep feeding the beast with the hope it will eat you last, but make no mistake, it will eventually eat you.

Steve (wants to starve the beast, but that's hard when idiots insist on stuffing its belly)
                      Last edited by Mr. Raceboy; 07-14-2019, 10:02 PM.

Comment

I'm somehow responsible because I'm not a full-blown anarchist like you? Is that your argument?

Comment

I'm somehow responsible because I'm not a full-blown anarchist like you? Is that your argument?
                          The beast only has power because a mob full of fools trusts it and gives it power. Worse are the people who suckle on teat of that power and that's why they support it. Enjoy the nipple.

Comment

How can you criticize others for being a victim of the system when you yourself life in that same system. Subject to that system's rules and regulations.

Only difference is you complain about it the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff92se View Post
                              How can you criticize others for being a victim of the system when you yourself life in that same system. Subject to that system's rules and regulations.

Only difference is you complain about it the most.
                              That doesn't make any sense. Are you suggesting that people should only criticize polities that they don't live in?
                              "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ĖMark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X