No announcement yet.

Great Moments in Gun History

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love the passive phrasing; "the gun went off" ...and the poor policeman was somehow involved.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Comment

• I mean...there are no words for this one:
      http://lakezurich.patch.com/groups/t...edium=facebook

Trending: Michigan Man Shoots Himself in the Head While Trying to Demonstrate Gun Safety

The victim reportedly held three handguns to his head and pulled the trigger, explaining that firearms are safe when they’re not loaded. A fatal bullet was discharged from the third gun.
      Posted by Brian Slupski (Editor) , <time pubdate="Wed Feb 26 2014 12:06:36">February 26, 2014 at 12:06 PM
      </time>

By Beth Dalbey
      An Michigan man is dead after a gun safety lesson went tragically wrong Sunday.

A 36-year-old man from Independence Township reportedly shot himself in the head while trying to show his girlfriend how safe guns are, the Detroit Free Press reports.
      He reportedly had been drinking all day.
      When authorities from the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office arrived about 9 p.m., the man’s girlfriend was performing CPR. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
      She said her boyfriend held two handguns to his head and pulled the trigger while explaining they’re safe when they’re unloaded. When he repeated the demonstration with a third firearm, a bullet discharged.
      Undersheriff Michael McCabe told the Oakland Press that the situation was “pretty unique.”
      “I have never heard of anyone testing out the safety of a gun by pointing at their head and pulling the trigger,” he said.
      Three children, ages 7, 10 and 12, who were at the residence were not hurt and did not witness the shooting.
      The investigation is continuing.
      “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less travelled by.” -Robert Frost

Comment

• Originally posted by Tnnisace73 View Post
        I mean...there are no words for this one:
        http://lakezurich.patch.com/groups/t...edium=facebook
        Must have been a cop:

Steve (knows the first rule of gun ownership is that they are always loaded, even when they aren't)
        "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

• It's too bad that that guy procreated before shooting himself dead.
          I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Comment

• Retired nurse with a gun saves man from angry mob: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/25...ry-detroit-mob

Comment

• Two teens broke into a guy's home and he shot them dead. Prosecutors are arguing that he waited for them and committed premeditated murder by executing them.

The trial against a 65-year-old man accused of murdering two teens who entered his home is underway in Minnesota, stirring debate about how far people can go in defending their homes.
              http://news.yahoo.com/minnesota-man-...opstories.html

-Jon (wonders what you guys think)

Comment

• He should have had a shot gun.
                Last edited by JCat; 04-23-2014, 08:33 AM.
                You may not like the f_cking government, but the government likes f_cking you.

Comment

• Without that guys alleged statements, it's a clean shoot; there's no shoot to kill, there's no shoot to wound, you shoot until the threat is no longer a threat, regardless of how many rounds that is. With that guys statements, he's toast, and he may well have committed murder.
                  "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Comment

• His statements sure make it seem like he enjoyed the act, which is incredibly disgusting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Just Jon View Post
                      Two teens broke into a guy's home and he shot them dead. Prosecutors are arguing that he waited for them and committed premeditated murder by executing them.

http://news.yahoo.com/minnesota-man-...opstories.html

-Jon (wonders what you guys think)
                      What do I think? I think that's a decision with a lifetime of consequences and guilt that I never have to make.

That being said, the story has limited details and the comments seem to indicate there was more to it, but let me put that aside for the moment.

First we have to consider this guy had been broken into multiple times so to say because he sat there armed, IN HIS OWN HOME, was sitting in wait is ridiculous. Imagine living in constant fear as an old man wondering if the next time you're broken into if you will be murdered? That also makes the elation and emotion of the moment a bit understandable and we can't judge the repulsiveness of his statements as people who haven't felt a long-term threat like that. The fact these are sweet-faced teens in the pics means nothing either. I have seen plenty of sweet-faced teen mugshots of home intruders caught after they murdered the people in the home. Lastly his statements about a "finishing shot" make sense with multiple intruders in the home. You shoot until the threat is gone and the last thing you want to do is leave one threat behind, unsure, to go look for another only to have the first one sneak up behind you and put a bullet in the back of your head.

The moral of the story is if you don't want to be shot while breaking into someone's home, DON'T BREAK INTO THE HOME!
                      "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

• Things that are justifiable can still include repulsiveness. For instance, the guy's act may be justifiable self-defense, but his seeming enjoyment can still be disgusting.

-Jon (explains and believes that killing is immoral even when justifiable)
                        Last edited by Just Jon; 04-23-2014, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Raceboy View Post
                          What do I think? I think that's a decision with a lifetime of consequences and guilt that I never have to make.

That being said, the story has limited details and the comments seem to indicate there was more to it, but let me put that aside for the moment.

First we have to consider this guy had been broken into multiple times so to say because he sat there armed, IN HIS OWN HOME, was sitting in wait is ridiculous. Imagine living in constant fear as an old man wondering if the next time you're broken into if you will be murdered? That also makes the elation and emotion of the moment a bit understandable and we can't judge the repulsiveness of his statements as people who haven't felt a long-term threat like that. The fact these are sweet-faced teens in the pics means nothing either. I have seen plenty of sweet-faced teen mugshots of home intruders caught after they murdered the people in the home. Lastly his statements about a "finishing shot" make sense with multiple intruders in the home. You shoot until the threat is gone and the last thing you want to do is leave one threat behind, unsure, to go look for another only to have the first one sneak up behind you and put a bullet in the back of your head.

The moral of the story is if you don't want to be shot while breaking into someone's home, DON'T BREAK INTO THE HOME!
                          Did you check to see if he was a cop first? Because if he was, then you think it's murder.

Pete (picks at one of your minor inconsistencies)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jared View Post
                            Without that guys alleged statements, it's a clean shoot; there's no shoot to kill, there's no shoot to wound, you shoot until the threat is no longer a threat, regardless of how many rounds that is. With that guys statements, he's toast, and he may well have committed murder.
                            Let's not even get started with how it would be if the victims were black.

Pete (knows we probably wouldn't even be talking about it)

Comment

• Originally posted by Plezercruz View Post
                              Did you check to see if he was a cop first? Because if he was, then you think it's murder.

Pete (picks at one of your minor inconsistencies)
                              There's a massive difference between which party is initiating the force and which party is getting killed.

Comment

• The prosecutor's statements are stupid. "He waited for them"

Uh, well duh. What else was he going to do, go out looking for them? We don't know the details, but if there had been a string of break-ins at his home, his actions make perfect sense right up until the "finishing shot."

Had he kept his mouth shut, he'd be fine even so. You shoot someone going down a staircase, and they're likely to keep coming at you until they hit the floor at the bottom, and it's reasonable to do so until they stop, because in the dark you don't have any idea if you've even hit them until they stop. And then the next one comes after? You do the same, because anybody who approaches gunfire in a home they just broke into is looking for trouble, an idiot or both.

We don't know what these kids were trying to accomplish; maybe they were just looking for a make-out spot. Kinda weird, but kids are dumb that way. But they had already committed a misdemeanor breaking and entering, property damage, and approached the home-owner. At the very least they were stupid, and we really don't know what they planned to do if they came across anybody.

My guess is that other kids in town have completely lost their desire to break into other people's houses for the thrill of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X