No announcement yet.

Great Moments in Gun History

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a firm believer in the castle doctrine. Heaven help the poor bastard that breaks into my home while I'm there. Having said that, this guy is a murderer without question in my mind. As I understand it, he shot the girl with a rifle, the rifle jammed, he sarcastically said "Sorry about that!", and shot her again. Then he dragged her into another room and finished her off. Don't try to spin that. That's murder.
    At the precipice, we change!
    The problem with Capitalism is that humans run it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronny View Post
      I'm a firm believer in the castle doctrine. Heaven help the poor bastard that breaks into my home while I'm there. Having said that, this guy is a murderer without question in my mind. As I understand it, he shot the girl with a rifle, the rifle jammed, he sarcastically said "Sorry about that!", and shot her again. Then he dragged her into another room and finished her off. Don't try to spin that. That's murder.
      If that's what he did, then he most certainly is a murderer.

-Jon (isn't sure of the facts but would agree)
      I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Comment

• Dr. Kelly Mills, with the Ramsey County Medical Examiner's Office, testified Thursday in the first-degree murder trial of Bryon Smith that Haile Kifer had marijuana and an ingredient found in cough medicine in her system when police say she and her cousin, Nick Brady, broke into Smith's home in Little Falls, Minn., on Thanksgiving Day in 2012.

The levels of the cough medicine ingredient were high enough to make Kifer, 18, intoxicated and possibly hallucinate.
        http://news.yahoo.com/drugs-found-te...opstories.html

Comment

• CHICAGO (AP) — A 14-year-old Chicago girl accused of killing another girl in a dispute over a boy tried unsuccessfully to fire a gun before someone fixed it for her and handed it back to her so she could open fire, prosecutors said Tuesday.
          A visibly upset McCarthy told reporters that the shooting illustrates a point he's long made: It is far too easy to get a gun in Chicago. For more than a year, McCarthy has sought stiffer state penalties for gun crimes.

"What would have been, under any other circumstances, probably a fistfight between two 14-year-old girls because they were arguing over a boy turned into a murder," he said.
          http://news.yahoo.com/chicago-police...211409423.html

Comment

• The father of a German exchange student shot dead in Montana after he trespassed in a man's garage has said the US cannot continue to "play cowboy" with firearms.

Markus Kaarma has been charged with deliberate murder in the Sunday killing of Diren Dede, 17, of Hamburg.
            On the night of the shooting, Mr Kaarma and his partner Janelle Pflager left their garage door open, and Ms Pflager left her purse in the garage in order to bait intruders, she told police.
            When the sensors went off just after midnight and they saw a man on the monitor screen, Mr Kaarma went outside and fired a shotgun into the garage without warning several times.

It is unclear what the teenager was doing inside in the garage.
            http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-27243115

Comment

• Yeah, that's not going to fly. What a couple of dumbasses.

Montana's so-called "castle doctrine" law was amended in 2009 to allow deadly force if a homeowner "reasonably believes" an intruder is trying to harm him or her.
              Were I on the jury, with the evidence at hand, I would have to conclude that there was no reasonable belief that the theif had any intent to harm the residents. With an open garage, there's not even any breaking & entering, just trespass.

Holding the kid at gunpoint while your spouse calls 911, that I can understand, though leaving bait out weakens a criminal case (funny how it doesn't work that way when the police do it?).
              Last edited by Jared; 05-01-2014, 02:11 PM.
              "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Comment

• A man fires one amazingly well placed shot saving the lives of his family and the life of the drunken intruder who attacked him.
                http://news.yahoo.com/video/well-pla...060026398.html

I hope I never get put into a position like that by some piece of crap like him.
                Last edited by Just Jon; 05-06-2014, 07:15 AM.

Comment

• Very fortunate for both parties. Also very risky for the homeowner.
                  "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Comment

• PAYSON, Ariz. (AP) — A 3-year-old Payson boy shot and killed his 1˝ -year-old brother after the boys found a handgun in a neighbor's apartment and took it to another room, the eastern Arizona town's police chief said Wednesday.
                    http://news.yahoo.com/police-3-old-s...190328514.html

Comment

• I had a friend who claimed he killed his baby sister accidentally when he was 3 or 4 by hitting her in the head with a hammer.

From a legal viewpoint, do you feel that there is a difference between these two events ?
                      You may not like the f_cking government, but the government likes f_cking you.

Comment

• Originally posted by JCat View Post
                        I had a friend who claimed he killed his baby sister accidentally when he was 3 or 4 by hitting her in the head with a hammer.

From a legal viewpoint, do you feel that there is a difference between these two events ?
                        No.
                        "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

• From a legal standpoint, there probably is a difference, since guns are controlled (by local, state, and federal governments) weapons.

-Jon (isn't a lawyer and defers to the lawyers on the board)

Comment

• Originally posted by JCat View Post
                            I had a friend who claimed he killed his baby sister accidentally when he was 3 or 4 by hitting her in the head with a hammer.

The difference is your friend was a lying little killer.
                            I can see easily how a child could accidentally hurt or kill themselves or another with a found gun.
                            However, your friend almost surely struck his sister on the head with a hammer on purpose (unless it's a wholly made-up story).

dusty (doubts that's the answer you were going for)
                            For every ailment under the sun - There is a remedy, or there is none;
                            If there be one, try to find it; If there be none, never mind it. -- Mother Goose

"We've always assumed that you can't bring back the dead. But it's a matter of when you pickle the cells." -- Peter Rhee

Comment

• According to the police report, the renter responded to a knock at the door and the suspects told her they were with the East Point Police Department.

She cracked the door to take a look outside and that's when police say the three tried to push their way inside.

The resident, however, was ready with a handgun.
                              http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local...truders/nf9kS/

Comment

• 5-year-old Hoquiam boy fires shot at passer-by

HOQUIAM (AP) — Police say a 5-year-old watching his neighbors play with unloaded BB guns in Hoquiam wanted to play along, so he found his parents’ loaded handgun.

Officer Cody Blodgett tells KBKW the boy fired a shot Sunday afternoon in the direction of a 21-year-old man who was walking by.

No one was hit.
                                http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/...yndication=rss

Comment

Working...
                                X