No announcement yet.

Great Moments in Gun History

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A St. Louis couple is likely thankful to have guns in their home after they were forced to use them to defend their daughter against two men Monday night.
    Cortez McClinton, 33, and Terrell Johnson, 31, held a gun to the girl’s head and used her as a shield as they entered the family home, where a five-year old child was also present.

The girl’s father and mother witnessed the abduction, and both retrieved their guns. When McClinton and Johnson entered, the father fired several shots, hitting both men. The girl’s mother fired one shot but missed.
    http://news.yahoo.com/two-men-girl-h...040007545.html
    I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Comment

• BLOOMSBURG, Pa. (AP) — A vendor accidentally shot a woman in the leg while demonstrating a gun and holster at a central Pennsylvania gun show, police said.
      Hawk told police he thought the gun was unloaded when he demonstrated a concealed-carry wallet holster to the woman, Krista Gearhart, 25, of Orangeville. Gearhart was treated and released for a thigh wound at Geisinger Medical Center in Danville.
      http://news.yahoo.com/cops-vendor-sh...181023614.html

Always, always clear the weapon. Always!

Comment

• It doesn't matter if you clear the gun, is still loaded, so pointing it at your customer is a bad idea. It's also the reason that most gun shows don't allow people (vendors and customers alike) to have ammunition for any gun they have in their possession. So the guy violated both a universal gun safety rule, and likely a regulation of the promoter. I don't foresee his return to the gun show circuit any time soon.
        "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Jared View Post
          It doesn't matter if you clear the gun, is still loaded, so pointing it at your customer is a bad idea. It's also the reason that most gun shows don't allow people (vendors and customers alike) to have ammunition for any gun they have in their possession. So the guy violated both a universal gun safety rule, and likely a regulation of the promoter. I don't foresee his return to the gun show circuit any time soon.
          I do wonder how the hell that happened, since the idea of a holster is to hold a loaded gun anyway.

Comment

• Veteran With Concealed Carry Permit Shoots Back At Chicago Gunman

http://news.yahoo.com/veteran-concea...031804649.html

One of the spate of shootings that took place in Chicago, Ill. over the July 4th holiday weekend involved a veteran with a concealed carry permit who was forced to a shoot a man who began firing on him and a group of friends.

The incident occurred Friday night, the Chicago Tribune reports.

The veteran and three of his friends were leaving a party on the city’s south side. When the group reached their vehicle, a container with liquor was sitting on top of it. A woman from the group asked another group gathered next door who the liquor belonged to and removed it.

The move angered 22 year-old Denzel Mickiel, who approached the veteran and his friends shouting obscenities. The man then went into his residence and returned with a gun.

As Mickiel opened fire on the group, the veteran took cover near the vehicle’s front fender, according to assistant state attorney Mary Hain, the Chicago Tribune reports.

The veteran fired two shots, hitting Mickiel both times.

Two of Mickiel’s friends also began shooting at the group, which was able to flee the scene in their vehicle.

Mickiel was transported to the hospital and is in critical condition. A woman in the veteran’s group was hit twice – once in the arm and once in the back – but was stabilized and taken to the hospital.

Mickiel is charged with attempted murder and will be held on $950,000 bond.

Had Friday’s shooting occurred a little more than a year ago, the veteran would not have been legally permitted to conceal carry his firearm.

Illinois was the last U.S. state to allow citizens to carry concealed weapons with a permit, finally passing a law on July 9, 2013. The state began issuing conceal carry permits in February.

Seven people died and approximately 50 were injured in shootings that took place in Chicago over the weekend. The city has among the highest violent crime rates among major U.S. cities.
            "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Comment

• Justice.
              At the precipice, we change!
              The problem with Capitalism is that humans run it.

Comment

• That's Chicago. Guys with illegal guns and hot tempers shoot a bunch of people because someone put a cup on a guy's car. And then guns are blamed. At least this time the victim was able to defend himself and do it legally.

-Jon (bets the shooters are gangbangers)

Comment

• Too bad the guy lived.
                  "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

• CHICAGO, July 9 (UPI) --A woman in Chicago is dead after being shot in the head while driving southbound on Chicago's Dan Ryan Expressway Wednesday.

"I really think -- my heart, my gut -- it was some gang-banging crap. I just know it," Jasmine Curry's father, Pierre Curry, told reporters.
                    Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2014/...#ixzz374UYqMtE

Comment

• (Reuters) - Three people were killed and two wounded in a shooting late on Saturday afternoon in Pasadena, California before the gunman surrendered, police said.
                      http://news.yahoo.com/three-dead-two...034024556.html

Comment

• (Reuters) - A 32-year-old man was shot to death in front of his teenage son as they drove on a busy freeway in Anaheim in southern California, local media reported on Tuesday.

Agustin Villegas was the front-seat passenger in a white Ford F-150 pickup which was struck by bullets on Monday evening that shattered the windshield and also injured the driver, his 42-year-old cousin.
                        http://news.yahoo.com/man-killed-fro...160506309.html

Comment

• Good old liberal paradise California.
                          "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

• 80-year-old burglary victim shot a female intruder in the back as she fled:

Greer came home and found a man and a woman had broken in, he told the station. The two unarmed intruders tackled him in the hallway, breaking his collarbone, said Greer, whose arm was in a sling as he spoke to a KNBC reporter in his driveway.

Greer told KNBC that as the intruders were trying to open his safe, he told the man to look for a tool in his garage and while the pair were distracted, he retrieved his .22 caliber revolver.

Greer also told the station the couple, after seeing him with the handgun, ran out of the house and that he followed them and opened fire, striking the woman.
                            http://news.yahoo.com/california-man...195810591.html

Comment

• DARBY, Pa. - A doctor wounded by a patient in a deadly shooting Thursday afternoon at a suburban hospital campus in Darby, Pa. returned fire and wounded the patient, authorities said.
                              http://www.cbsnews.com/news/doctor-h...osecutor-says/

Comment

• This doctor will probably lose his job as his reward.
                                At the precipice, we change!
                                The problem with Capitalism is that humans run it.

Comment

Working...
                                X