Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I notice he didn't quit. It takes a certain mentality
    For every ailment under the sun - There is a remedy, or there is none;
    If there be one, try to find it; If there be none, never mind it. -- Mother Goose

"We've always assumed that you can't bring back the dead. But it's a matter of when you pickle the cells." -- Peter Rhee

Comment

• Originally posted by dusty View Post
      I notice he didn't quit. It takes a certain mentality
      Right, because his primary job at the hospital is security.

Steve (knows when your straw men are so blatant it's because you know you've
      lost and need to hide behind humor)
      "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Raceboy View Post
        Right, because his primary job at the hospital is security.

Steve (knows when your straw men are so blatant it's because you know you've
        lost and need to hide behind humor)
        That's the best you got? LAME!
        If there be one, try to find it; If there be none, never mind it. -- Mother Goose

"We've always assumed that you can't bring back the dead. But it's a matter of when you pickle the cells." -- Peter Rhee

Comment

• Originally posted by Just Jon View Post
          80-year-old burglary victim shot a female intruder in the back as she fled:

http://news.yahoo.com/california-man...195810591.html
          Justified use of deadly force? This board would be lit up if a cop shot an unarmed burglary suspect in the back while running away, even if the burglar had punched the cop to the ground before taking off running.

Comment

• No, not justified; that guy is toast. You shoot to end the threat, if they're running away there's no threat. The difference is he's an old man in his house who went too far. Cops are trained to know this, and they get a lot of leeway because of their presumed honesty and trustworthyness, so when they violate that trust it is particularly heinous.
            "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Comment

• As to the doctor, that situation is exactly what CCW are for.

"The scene is secure. Everyone is safe," Whelan told a late afternoon news conference."

Um, maybe in fantasy land, but in real life there's a dead social worker and two wounded people. That's not safe.
              "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Comment

That's the best you got? LAME!
                Reality is the best I need.
                "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

Justified use of deadly force? This board would be lit up if a cop shot an unarmed burglary suspect in the back while running away, even if the burglar had punched the cop to the ground before taking off running.
                  Originally posted by Jared View Post
                  No, not justified; that guy is toast. You shoot to end the threat, if they're running away there's no threat. The difference is he's an old man in his house who went too far. Cops are trained to know this, and they get a lot of leeway because of their presumed honesty and trustworthyness, so when they violate that trust it is particularly heinous.
                  The 80-year-old should have been arrested on the spot.
                  I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Comment

• PHOENIX (AP) — A medical researcher at a renowned neurological hospital who was arrested last month after police say he pointed a loaded rifle toward a woman and her teenage daughter inside Phoenix's main airport said Monday that his firearm "was never pointed at anyone" and he was just trying to make a political statement.
                    http://news.yahoo.com/man-bringing-g...BTeFwATq3QtDMD

The jackass fanned the two women. Real responsible. Way to make gun owners look good.

-Jon (thinks it's asinine to walk into an airport with a slung rifle for political reasons)

Comment

• I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Comment

• TAMPA Fla. (Reuters) - A 7-year-old Florida boy was in critical but stable condition on Tuesday after being shot by his grandmother, who mistakenly thought he was an intruder, sheriff's officials said.
                        http://news.yahoo.com/florida-woman-...133750491.html

Comment

• Next time I see my mother doing something with my kids I think is dangerous, I'll take that with a grain of salt!

Pete (laughs)

Comment

• (MOHAVE COUNTY, Ariz.) -- An Arizona gun instructor was shot and killed Monday while showing a nine-year-old girl how to use an automatic Uzi.
                            Mohave County Sheriff Jim McCabe said that after demonstrating single shots, Vacca let the girl fire the Uzi as fully automatic. However, the gun recoiled, lifting the girl's shoulder, which resulted in Vacca suffering a fatal bullet wound to the head.
                            http://www.wlsam.com/common/more.php...DE6840A&mode=2

Comment

• uzi's and kids are a bad combination.

Comment

• Darwinism.

-Jon (nods)

Comment

Working...
                                X