X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's the thing:

http://www.13abc.com/story/25371356/...itehouse-crash

Student driver and instructor killed in crash

Two people, including a student driver were killed in a two-car crash in Waterville Township. State troopers say the student driver was at fault.

The accident happened just after 2:30 p.m. on Monday near the corner of Heller and Neapolis-Waterville Road. Troopers say 16-year old student driver Joseph A. Franks of Swanton, ran a stop sign and was hit by an oncoming car driven by Kathleen Woods of Swanton.

Both the Franks and his instructor, 48-year-old Thomas P. Smith of Whitehouse were killed.

Troopers called the entire incident a tragedy.
    You can question whether 9 years old is too young to handle a machine pistol, or whether 16 is too young to handle a vehicle, but accidents are going to happen when you are training young people to do anything. They don't know what the hell they're doing; that's why they need training. If we raised the driving age to 25, then 25 year old would be doing stupid things instead of teenagers, and if you raised the age to handle a machine piston to 18, then this could easily happen to an 18 year old.

Pete (isn't ready to overreact to this incident)

Comment

• A man shot and killed himself after accidentally shooting and killing his best friend in a struggle over a gun, police said Sunday.
      http://news.yahoo.com/video/man-shoo...080814239.html

I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Comment

• Just Guess What Ferguson Police Found on Missouri Democrat Who Has Sponsored Several ‘Anti-Gun’ Bills…

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...nti-gun-bills/

Missouri state Senator Jamilah Nasheed, a Democrat who has sponsored several “anti-gun” bills in her state, was arrested Monday night during a protest outside of the Ferguson Police Department. However, it’s what police officers found on her that is raising eyebrows.

Nasheed was carrying a loaded 9mm handgun and extra rounds of ammunition, according to Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson. She also refused to take a breathalyzer test after officers determined she “smelled strongly of intoxicants,” sources told KMOV-TV.

Nasheed claimed on Tuesday that she was not intoxicated at the time of her arrest and emphasized that she is a legal concealed carry permit holder.

Police arrested and charged the state senator with failure to obey lawful order of police and manner of walking in the roadway after she and other protesters refused to get out of the street.

On Tuesday morning, Nasheed said it was a “symbolic arrest” to send a “message to the protesters that we can protest peacefully and that we must protest peacefully and that we want justice for Michael Brown.”

The National Rifle Association’s Institute for Legislative Action has dubbed several pieces of legislation sponsored by Nasheed “anti-gun,” including an amendment that would require gun owners to report a firearm stolen within 72 hours.

Nasheed also reportedly pushed for a bill that would have required any “parent or guardian of a child who attends a public, private, or charter school shall notify, in writing, the superintendent of the school district, or the governing body of a private school or charter school, that such parent or guardian owns a firearm within thirty calendar days” of enrollment.
        "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Comment

• Hey now. That's for other people. You know, the mindless proles.

Comment

• A husband says he accidentally shot his wife during an invasion of their home: http://news.yahoo.com/video/police-m...195039245.html

It's possible that the husband is full of crap and murdered his wife.

Comment

• Police say a teen is dead after he allegedly tried to rob a man on a D.C. street and had his own gun turned on himself.
              http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/2759791...-metro-station

Comment

• Veronica Rutledge, who police say died after her toddler removed a concealed handgun from her purse at Walmart and shot her, worked at the Idaho National Laboratory. She was also a responsible gun owner, her father-in-law said.
                http://news.yahoo.com/idaho-woman-sh...opstories.html

Comment

• That kid's gonna have a lifetime of problems.
                  For every ailment under the sun - There is a remedy, or there is none;
                  If there be one, try to find it; If there be none, never mind it. -- Mother Goose

"We've always assumed that you can't bring back the dead. But it's a matter of when you pickle the cells." -- Peter Rhee

Comment

• I'm thinking if your toddler gets your gun and shoots it, you've pretty much lost all claim to gun responsibility.

Pete (wonders if he's stating the obvious here)

Comment

• She was a responsible gun owner until she wasn't. She certainly ain't no more.
                      For every ailment under the sun - There is a remedy, or there is none;
                      If there be one, try to find it; If there be none, never mind it. -- Mother Goose

"We've always assumed that you can't bring back the dead. But it's a matter of when you pickle the cells." -- Peter Rhee

Comment

• Originally posted by Plezercruz View Post
                        I'm thinking if your toddler gets your gun and shoots it, you've pretty much lost all claim to gun responsibility.

Pete (wonders if he's stating the obvious here)
                        Yes, you are stating the obvious.

-Jon (agrees with you)

Comment

• CINCINNATI (AP/PIX11) - Elevator footage released by Cincinnati Police shows an off-duty police officer accidentally shooting himself in the stomach inside a parking garage elevator after having dinner with his wife.
                          http://www.aol.com/article/2015/01/0...31049944044734

Did this happen because he didn't have a holster to block the trigger?

Comment

• No, he just had his finger on the trigger.
                            At the precipice, we change!
                            The problem with Capitalism is that humans run it.

Comment

• I couldn't tell in the video. It looked to me like he pulled his hand out of his pocket before the gun fired but I could be wrong. There's no sound.

Comment

• A Fort Bragg soldier was shot in the chest Friday morning after his wife mistook him for an intruder while he was trying to surprise her with breakfast in bed.
                                Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz3OcKjBMwa

Comment

Working...
                                X