• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm assuming it was a chest holster.

Comment

SC great grandmother, 89, scares off would-be robbers with pistol

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/loca...s-pisto/nP4WT/

MARLBORO COUNTY, S.C. — Two men reportedly broke into an 89-year-old great grandmother’s South Carolina home, but she was ready for them.

Ruby Hodge said she sleeps with her pistol every night and that probably saved her from would be burglars.

She heard a knock at her door on Monday morning.

When she did not answer, she said she heard a loud noise.

Hodge said someone had kicked in her door and she knew what she had to do.

“I got my pistol and I met them right outside my bedroom. When they saw me standing in there with my pistol, they left and run,” Hodge said.

Hodge pressed her emergency alert button that she wears around her neck.

Police were at her house within five minutes and tracked down the two suspects.

Both men face burglary and damage to property charges, police said.
      "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Comment

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/31...hree-families/

Deadly game of Russian roulette shatters peace of small Pennsylvania town

The gun was left unloaded in a basement drawer, the third boy, who has not been named and who also faces charges, told police. As midnight drew near and they talked about things boys talk about, McConoughey allegedly took the gun and two bullets out of the drawer. He spun the revolver's cylinder, loading and unloading bullets -- "pointing the gun and joking around," police said.

"Let's play Russian roulette," the boy allegedly heard McConoughey say, according to court documents.

A moment later, McConoughey allegedly pointed the gun at Hammond's head. "He pulled the trigger thinking it was going to click," police said.

Neal Hammond was struck in the right temple and died the next morning, July 20, at 9:30 a.m.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/31...#ixzz22DTJffPu
        Attached Files
        They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
        -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

WTF???

The kid took a gun, loaded it, pointed it at another kid's head, pulled the trigger....

...and people feel sorry for him?

Pete (thinks that kid needs to be locked up)

Comment

I really can't disagree with ya Pete -- although I'll point out that the people who feel sorry for him are the parents of the kid he killed...

just thought I'd force you to ruminate on that horror.
            They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
            -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

It's at very least a reckless homicide.

Pete (is baffled that the kid is being treated like he's a victim)

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/man-accidental...053240527.html
                HFM

As long as there exists people with religion and a belief in God, there will never be a Libertarian state.

Comment

if that jackass doesn't get his concealed carry permit revoked, there's something wrong.
                  -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

The shooter probably saw the chamber that lines up with the barrel is empty, and did not realize that the trigger rotates to the next chamber before firing. More likely, he saw two cartridges so assumed the one that fires is clear. The only thing one should ever assume with a firearm is that the person you're pointing it at is going to be killed. These children were trained very poorly.

Comment

Last edited by Just Jon; 08-22-2012, 01:30 PM.
                      I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Comment

does the fact that he kept shooting at them after they started running away break any laws?

also, how does a dude firing that many times not actually stop them? you'd think he'd have hit something important... was he shooting blanks?
                        -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

It looks like it was a small caliber pistol. This is FL, so the "stand your ground" law applies.

-Jon (has no sympathy for the robbers)
                          Last edited by Just Jon; 08-22-2012, 02:28 PM.

Comment

I love how in the 2nd video the armed robbers were tripping over each other to get out of the door!! It's like "it's great being partners with you and everything, but at this point, I mainly see you as an obstacle that impedes my own escape. Plus, if I can get in front of you, you'd make a nice human shield, too."

As far as the law abiding citizen continuing to shoot as they run, regardless of any state laws, I find this to be necessary in this case, because it's not evidenct that either armed robber has dropped his weapon. The older gentleman who is firing at them might not even see them drop it, and must assume they'll fire back at first opportunity.
                            Last edited by nbdyfcnsqnc; 08-22-2012, 03:06 PM.

Comment

I'd bet it's all just reflexive. I've had cop friends tell me that most people empty mags in situations like that and don't even realize they're doing it.

-Jon (has no idea how he'd react in that situation and hopes he never finds out)

Comment

You can see in the first video the he almost shot a bystander.
                                DEEZ NUTS FOR PRESIDENT!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information