Great Moments in Gun History

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Raceboy View Post
    The reason why people like you feel so relatively safe is because of people like me, you're just too much of a fanatic to realize it.
    I think most of us are relatively safe because we're well off enough to live in safe places. Also, I believe that most people are good natured.

I would like to prepare for the very slim chance that something awful could happen, like someone invading my home, but that doesn't mean I'm paranoid. I don't expect anything to ever happen where we live and Jen and I have talked about that. I'd rather have the ability to defend my home and family, sure. I don't expect that I'll ever need to. I hope I'm right.

-Jon (isn't worried that anyone will cause trouble on his property)
    I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Jon View Post
      I think most of us are relatively safe because we're well off enough to live in safe places. Also, I believe that most people are good natured.

I would like to prepare for the very slim chance that something awful could happen, like someone invading my home, but that doesn't mean I'm paranoid. I don't expect anything to ever happen where we live and Jen and I have talked about that. I'd rather have the ability to defend my home and family, sure. I don't expect that I'll ever need to. I hope I'm right.

-Jon (isn't worried that anyone will cause trouble on his property)
      Do you would think you would feel that way if America had no firearms in the hands of citizens? There's a reason for the relative peace we enjoy. Just look at the reports I posted above Jon.
      "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

Do you would think you would feel that way if America had no firearms in the hands of citizens? There's a reason for the relative peace we enjoy. Just look at the reports I posted above Jon.
        For the last time, who the hell is saying no firearms in the hands of civilians?

Not anybody on this forum. You are making up a giant strawman.
        "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Comment

Originally posted by skooly View Post
          For the last time, who the hell is saying no firearms in the hands of civilians?

Not anybody on this forum. You are making up a giant strawman.
          Yeah, no one is buying your lies.

Again, I showed you Americans feel safe. So nothing is broken. If nothing is broken, why the fuck do you feel the need to fix it in the direction of countries where everyone feels less safe and the statistics show they have good reason to feel less safe?

Steve (doesn't fall for skooly's incremental bullshit and knows no one else does either except his fellow choir members)
          Last edited by Mr. Raceboy; 01-06-2013, 05:45 PM.
          "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

Yeah, no one is buying your lies.

Again, I showed you Americans feel safe. So nothing is broken. If nothing is broken, why the fuck do you feel the need to fix it in the direction of countries where everyone feels less safe and the statistics show they have good reason to feel less safe?

Steve (doesn't fall for skooly's incremental bullshit and knows no one else does either except his fellow choir members)
            He just wants someone to do something so he feels a little better and gets a little bit of self-satisfaction that he supported a worthy effort.
            DEEZ NUTS FOR PRESIDENT!!

Comment

I can't realistically conceive of an America that bans firearms. If it were done tomorrow, for instance, I don't think my neighborhood would suddenly turn into a shit hole. It's a very nice place to live with very low crime. I have no reason to believe that gun ownership is the biggest factor in keeping crime at bay in our suburb. I think we just don't have very many bad people here and the bad guys don't seem to come here much.

Comment

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a Florida Panhandle man has been arrested after he tried to rob a convenience store with a cattle prod but was thwarted by a clerk with a gun.
                http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/2054746...#axzz2HX1lOhtw

Comment

US girl, 10, killed by falling bullet on New Year's

Aaliyah Boyer was watching midnight fireworks outside a home in Elkton, Maryland, south of Philadelphia, when she was struck in the head by a falling bullet.

Adults initially believed Aaliyah had passed out and hit her head, but the bullet wound was discovered when she arrived at hospital.

She was taken off life support on Thursday morning and her organs have been donated to other children.

Police are now conducting interviews over an 8km radius in the hopes of finding the person responsible.

"They need to pay for what they did, for all these people that they hurt," Aaliyah's mother Crystal Blackburn said.

Aaliyah Boyer was watching midnight fireworks outside a home in Elkton, Maryland, south of Philadelphia, when she was struck in the head by a falling bullet.

Adults initially believed Aaliyah had passed out and hit her head, but the bullet wound was discovered when she arrived at hospital.

She was taken off life support on Thursday morning and her organs have been donated to other children.

Police are now conducting interviews over an 8km radius in the hopes of finding the person responsible.

"They need to pay for what they did, for all these people that they hurt," Aaliyah's mother Crystal Blackburn said.

Aaliyah Boyer, 10, was killed by a falling bullet. (WBAL TV)

"She was just having fun, watching fireworks outside with her family, celebrating the New Year."

While her family were at hospital with her, a burglar broke into their Pennsylvania home and stole their Christmas presents.

They also believe strangers are trying to gather money for a fake fund for the girl over Facebook.
                  http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/201...t-on-new-years

Comment

8km radius ????

6 miles

(A high power hunting rifle might shoot 3 miles)
                    You may not like the f_cking government, but the government likes f_cking you.

Comment

Point of reference, a 5k is about 3 miles

Comment

Ban New Year's celebrations...
                        Originally posted by Mr. Raceboy
                        I'm a lot more worried about the commies running DC than I am about commies half way around the world.

Comment

Florida woman struck by falling bullet while watching fireworks show on New Year’s Eve
                          Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz2HbrFmP5U

Raining Bullets: Miamians Won't Stop Shooting Their Guns on New Year's. It Nearly Cost One Musician His Life
                          http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2013-01...cian-his-life/

4 arrested in connection with New Year's Eve celebratory gunfire
                          http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/in...connectio.html

Comment

Originally posted by JCat View Post
                            8km radius ????

6 miles

(A high power hunting rifle might shoot 3 miles)
                            Good job highlighting the most important issue.

Comment

^ Read your quote and you might notice that you double posted . . . Mr. perfect.
                              You may not like the f_cking government, but the government likes f_cking you.

Comment

Originally posted by JCat View Post
                                ^ Read your quote and you might notice that you double posted . . . Mr. perfect.
                                Second most important issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X