Joe Arpaio, controversial sheriff pardoned by Trump, enters Arizona Senate race

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing surprises me anymore.
    "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Comment

6 Year term for a then 86 year old man just doesnt make a lot of sense to me. Bernie is in that bracket as well.

Comment

Vice President Mike Pence had kind words Tuesday night for former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, the self-styled "toughest sheriff in America," who was pardoned by President Donald Trump last year after a federal judge held him in criminal contempt.

At a rally in Arizona, Pence introduced Arpaio, now running for U.S. Senate, as "another favorite, a great friend of this president, a tireless champion of strong borders and the rule of law."
        http://reason.com/blog/2018/05/02/mi...ing-ex-sheriff

Former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio found guilty of criminal contempt, Trump pardons

I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Comment

JOE ARPAIO CLAIMS HE ‘PROVED’ OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE IS ‘FAKE’ AND WILL RESUME DEBUNKED ‘BIRTHER’ MOVEMENT IF ELECTED

http://www.newsweek.com/joe-arpaio-o...s/yahoous/news

Joe Arpaio, who is running for Senator in Arizona despite a criminal conviction, has promised to resurrect a debunked conspiracy theory about former President Barack Obama’s birth certificate, if elected to office.

The octogenarian former sheriff, who has repeatedly been accused of human rights abuses for his treatment of Hispanic inmates, is a staunch ally of President Trump. Like Trump, Arpaio was an early proponent of so-called birtherism—a movement of people who openly doubted or denied the eligibility of Obama to serve in office, based around the false notion that he was not a natural-born citizen. The movement has been labeled by many as racist.
          Who let's this guy around a microphone?

Comment

He's a dumbass; what could he accomplish? Is not like the courts are going to invalidate Obama's appointments and presidential orders at this point.
            Last edited by Jared; 05-03-2018, 06:37 PM.
            "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Comment

Merged.
              I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Comment

Working...
              X