Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Plezercruz View Post
    You're imputing something I didn't say.

Pete (was focusing only on Steve's statement in that comment)
    Steve's comment and your focus is about comparing the accusations against Kavanaugh, assuming that they are true, to our own backgrounds and history. But you said we might all have jilted ex lovers who would accuse us, even though the accusations against Kavanaugh don't appear to be from a jilted ex lover. I was only imputing that your parenthetical point is not part of that comparison.
    For every ailment under the sun - There is a remedy, or there is none;
    If there be one, try to find it; If there be none, never mind it. -- Mother Goose

"Weíve always assumed that you canít bring back the dead. But itís a matter of when you pickle the cells." -- Peter Rhee

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Raceboy View Post
      Didn't cover my mouth, but due to a combination of my state of inebriation and her size and positioning, I was definitely pinned to the bed against my will as she tried to undo my pants as I did my best in my condition to fight her off. Eventually my protests were enough to get her to stop, but not before I bad been thoroughly groped.

Even if she was about to be picked as an admitted communist to the SCOTUS, I couldn't imagine coming out and making that accusation against her almost 38 years later. The time to do it was when it happened and even then she gave up. Why would I destroy her life over that?

Honestly, I don't even remember her name.

Steve (literally had to fight the women off and by women i mean at least 2 LOL)
      There you go playing the victim!
      If there be one, try to find it; If there be none, never mind it. -- Mother Goose

"Weíve always assumed that you canít bring back the dead. But itís a matter of when you pickle the cells." -- Peter Rhee

Comment

Accuser's schoolmate says she recalls hearing of alleged Kavanaugh incident

Accuser's schoolmate says she recalls hearing of alleged Kavanaugh incident

A former schoolmate of Brett Kavanaughís accuser wrote a Facebook post saying she recalls hearing about the alleged assault involving Kavanaugh, though she says she has no first-hand information to corroborate the accuserís claims.

"Christine Blasey Ford was a year or so behind me," wrote the woman, Cristina Miranda King, who now works as a performing arts curator in Mexico City. "I did not know her personally but I remember her. This incident did happen."

She added, "Many of us heard a buzz about it indirectly with few specific details. However Christine's vivid recollection should be more than enough for us to truly, deeply know that the accusation is true."
        https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/sup...cident-n911111

Comment

"Itís a vivid account, so it must be true."

Stupider words do not readily come to mind.

I hate that Pete is right on this; this accusation doesn't have enough strength behind it -- best cases scenario, it helps flip a few more seats.
          They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
          -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
            "Itís a vivid account, so it must be true."

Stupider words do not readily come to mind.

I hate that Pete is right on this; this accusation doesn't have enough strength behind it -- best cases scenario, it helps flip a few more seats.
            And by "vivid account" she means "doesn't know what year it happened, who was actually in the room, or why they were even there in the first place."

Then there's the "I fully intend to testify after the midte......I mean FBI investigation" not to mention the fact the Dems sat on this for what, 3 months only to release it now?

I mean, can it be any more obvious this is desperation play to get past the midterms? Yet the faithful just eat it up like a fat kid with a chocolate cake.
            Last edited by Mr. Raceboy; 09-19-2018, 10:29 PM.
            "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

The sad part is this will definitely be one of the final nails in the #MeToo coffin. The movement was co-opted and weaponized for political purposes and now the legitimate victims will be lumped in the the opportunists.
              "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

I believe her.
                "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Comment

Originally posted by skooly View Post
                  I believe her.
                  Well duh.

Steve (nominates this for most unnecessary post of the decade)

Comment

I believe her.
                    Whether you do or not, the dogma requires that you say you do.

Pete (understands that)

Comment

Haha Steve got pinned by a fattie

Comment

The fact that there is written evidence predating the recent coverage provides authenticity and tends to prove up her allegations.

Plus, no woman is going to subject herself to this degree of public scrutiny if it really didn't happen.

Comment

The truthfulness of these claims is entirely dependent on whether they are against YOUR guy or the OTHER guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff92se View Post
                            Haha Steve got pinned by a fattie
                            Pretty much! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Raceboy View Post
                              The sad part is this will definitely be one of the final nails in the #MeToo coffin. The movement was co-opted and weaponized for political purposes and now the legitimate victims will be lumped in the the opportunists.
                              The movement has taken down men on both sides of the political aisle and shows no signs of stopping.

skooly (still doesn't understand what Garrison Keillor did wrong)

Comment

The fact that there is written evidence predating the recent coverage provides authenticity and tends to prove up her allegations.

Plus, no woman is going to subject herself to this degree of public scrutiny if it really didn't happen.
                                No woman has ever lied about such things to get attention or to serve some other purpose so you must be right.

By written evidence do you mean her therapists notes which she is now contradicting about the number of people in the room?

Look, I don't know if she's being truthful or not, but when the Dems sit on it for what, 3 months?? and release it at an opportune time as an obvious stalling technique it definitely wreaks of a desperate political hit job.

Comment

Working...
                                X