Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As a Nation Mourns McCain, Trump Is Conspicuously Absent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    He requested his old running mate Sara Palin not be there. Savage

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Jeff92se View Post
      He requested his old running mate Sara Palin not be there. Savage
      Yeah...once again blaming everyone but himself for his loss.

      Pete (thinks THAT is exactly the kind of guy McCain was)

      Comment


      • #18
        Because it's true? She sucked. And I think if she wasn't such a Trump shill, he would have been fine with her being there.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Jeff92se View Post
          He requested his old running mate Sara Palin not be there. Savage
          Yeah McCain is all about that “code of honor and civility” that skooly needs in politics...lol

          McCain’s* diss of Palin is no different than the Trump administration not leaving the fairy cloth at half mast long enough for Republicans and Democrats to honor their god of war.
          Originally posted by Mr. Raceboy
          I'm a lot more worried about the commies running DC than I am about commies half way around the world.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Jeff92se View Post
            Because it's true? She sucked. And I think if she wasn't such a Trump shill, he would have been fine with her being there.
            Good point.

            Pete (forgot her Trumpiness and is willing to give McCain the benefit of the doubt on that one)

            Comment


            • #21
              Also McCain's vote no on the Obama repeal must have made Trump hate him so much

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Jeff92se View Post
                Also McCain's vote no on the Obama repeal must have made Trump hate him so much
                It made me hate him so much, not so much because he voted no, but because he made every effort possible to make it all about himself, like he always does.

                Pete (has always thought of McCain as the consummate me-first self-promoter)

                Comment


                • #23
                  What about a code of honor and civility during war? Like not being involved in the wholesale slaughter of villages because of suspected VC infiltration? That's a Viking sense of honor and civility there.
                  The guy was everything we hated about the Vietnam War. A silver spoon officer sending children halfway across the world to kill in the name of freedom.
                  For this speaks justice to me: Men are not equal. ~Nietzsche

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Notwithstanding the above, the thing I most disliked McCain for is actually the thing that everyone else (particularly on the left) seemed to like him for: namely the appearance that he was a centrist and "reasonable." What McCain always was had nothing to do with centrism or even with cooperation. It had everything to do with self promotion and self preservation. That guy could be counted on, at all times, to do the thing that benefited him politically. He may have voted 70% with republicans and 30% with the democrats (or whatever) but he voted virtually 100% with public opinion. The guy had no soul, no beliefs, and no philosophy. He was the epitome of political expediency.

                    Pete (doesn't have a lot of respect for that kind of politician)

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Silver spoon? Really? He was born to a military family, not a Manhattan real estate developer. He became a naval aviator who flew missions ordered by his superiors, not himself. You might as well blame every combat solider for what you inexplicably single him out for. At least he had the courage to show up, unlike our current Draft Dodger in Chief. McCain was captured, tortured over a five year period, then refused an offer of early release because it would have meant leaving before other prisoners who had been held longer. If that's not the definition of selflessness, then the word has no meaning. Sure, he played politics like the rest of them during his DC career, and Lord knows I didn't agree with a lot of his decisions, but he does not deserve the hatchet job being offered up.
                      "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by skooly View Post
                        Silver spoon? Really? He was born to a military family, not a Manhattan real estate developer. He became a naval aviator who flew missions ordered by his superiors, not himself. You might as well blame every combat solider for what you inexplicably single him out for. At least he had the courage to show up, unlike our current Draft Dodger in Chief. McCain was captured, tortured over a five year period, then refused an offer of early release because it would have meant leaving before other prisoners who had been held longer. If that's not the definition of selflessness, then the word has no meaning. Sure, he played politics like the rest of them during his DC career, and Lord knows I didn't agree with a lot of his decisions, but he does not deserve the hatchet job being offered up.
                        Agreed. I didn't like him as a politician, but I suppose I don't like most of them anyway. The rest I feel no need to attack him on.

                        Pete (thinks the only silver spoon McCain encountered in life belonged to his wife)

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Plezercruz View Post
                          Agreed. I didn't like him as a politician, but I suppose I don't like most of them anyway. The rest I feel no need to attack him on.

                          Pete (thinks the only silver spoon McCain encountered in life belonged to his wife)
                          Rolling Stone magazine had some thoughts on the real McCain...

                          The article is from a few years ago...I was reading it at lunch. I’ll post a link later.
                          Originally posted by Mr. Raceboy
                          I'm a lot more worried about the commies running DC than I am about commies half way around the world.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by buzzardmountain View Post
                            Yeah McCain is all about that “code of honor and civility” that skooly needs in politics...lol

                            McCain’s* diss of Palin is no different than the Trump administration not leaving the fairy cloth at half mast long enough for Republicans and Democrats to honor their god of war.
                            Skooly likes McCain now because Trump hates him. Skooly is just like PBS! LOL
                            "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by buzzardmountain View Post
                              I try not to put too much bad mojo out there. It’s not like I’m glad McCain has passed...but damn, think of how much safer this world is without that war monger. Imagine the “kinetic missions” we’d be involved in had he won in ‘08. I don’t get this revisionist history and worship of politicians on social media as if they’re deities.
                              People prefer beautiful lies to ugly truth.
                              "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by skooly View Post
                                McCain was hawkish on foreign policy, including the Iraq War (which all our resident libertarian friends loved, btw), but it's not like he made the call single-handedly. If anyone deserves blame, it's GW. At least McCain wasn't a chicken hawk like the rest of the neocon administration--he didn't ask any soldier to do what he himself had not already done. Moreover, he lived by a code of honor and civility that is a rarity in today's political climate. Our country would be immeasurably better off under a McCain presidency than under the current disgrace in chief.
                                How many wars has Trump started?
                                "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X