No announcement yet.

As a Nation Mourns McCain, Trump Is Conspicuously Absent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by skooly; 08-27-2018, 09:26 AM.
    "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Comment

Amazing seeing these great American, patriotic Church of Trump members worshipping a 5 time draft deferment recipient while trashing McCain's service.

Comment

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/whit...ry?id=57422250

White House returns flag to full-staff less than 48 hours after John McCain's death

An ABC News camera captured the flag as officials returned it to full-staff around midnight, ABC News senior White House correspondent Cecilia Vega told “Good Morning America” host George Stephanopoulos Monday.

The flag-lowering that lasted less than 48 hours breaks from precedent that it is lowered until burial.
        Pete (heard on the radio this morning that 2 days is standard unless extended by the President, which apparently did not happen)

Comment

It's very apparent that there's little association between class and money. Not that there was much doubt in this guy's case.
          "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Comment

What Possible value could there be for this guy continuing to shit on McCain?

he's such a dumb sack of shit, it drives me nuts.
            They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
            -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

I don't think Trump would have ordered the flags raised...

...but I do think when asked if he wanted to affirmatively keep them lowered, his response was something like, "No, fuck that guy."

Pete (wonders how quickly McCain's seat gets repopulated)

Comment

If it’s not about Trump, Trump doesn’t give a f*ck.
                “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less travelled by.” -Robert Frost

Comment

I try not to put too much bad mojo out there. It’s not like I’m glad McCain has passed...but damn, think of how much safer this world is without that war monger. Imagine the “kinetic missions” we’d be involved in had he won in ‘08. I don’t get this revisionist history and worship of politicians on social media as if they’re deities.
                  Originally posted by Mr. Raceboy
                  I'm a lot more worried about the commies running DC than I am about commies half way around the world.

Comment

When they say he's a war hero, the meant a hero to wars, not just a hero of war.

Pete (thinks McCain never met a war he didn't like)

Comment

There's a million reasons not to like McCain. His only unforgivable sin to the Trumpers is McCain didn't kiss Trump's ring.

Comment

I worked with a guy that was one of his men. Or at least claimed to be. He had some real solid stories to back everything up. In his mind he was captured and tortured because of McCain. The guy was off but he was hard not to beleive.

Im right there with the sentiment. I don't think McCain is someone the world should really miss.
                        For this speaks justice to me: Men are not equal. ~Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by lifer77 View Post
                          I worked with a guy that was one of his men. Or at least claimed to be. He had some real solid stories to back everything up. In his mind he was captured and tortured because of McCain. The guy was off but he was hard not to beleive.

Im right there with the sentiment. I don't think McCain is someone the world should really miss.
                          McCain was a guy who believed in the type of patriotism/collectivism where the individual had a duty to sacrifice himself for the glory of the state. Because of this belief, he had no qualms sacrificing people for the glory of the state. I can't imaging how many parents have had to attend the funerals of their children because of John McCain so I'm certainly not going to shed a tear for him.
                          "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

McCain was hawkish on foreign policy, including the Iraq War (which all our resident libertarian friends loved, btw), but it's not like he made the call single-handedly. If anyone deserves blame, it's GW. At least McCain wasn't a chicken hawk like the rest of the neocon administration--he didn't ask any soldier to do what he himself had not already done. Moreover, he lived by a code of honor and civility that is a rarity in today's political climate. Our country would be immeasurably better off under a McCain presidency than under the current disgrace in chief.
                            "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Comment

Originally posted by skooly View Post
                              Our country would be immeasurably better off under a McCain presidency than under the current disgrace in chief.
                              That standard applies to just about everyone.

Pete (is willing to give McCain that, but is still glad that guy lost to Obama)

Comment

I expect the Trumpies’ next line of attack on McCain to be what a terrible husband he was.

Comment

Working...
                                X