The Dunning-Kruger Effect may help explain Trumpís ongoing support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dunning-Kruger Effect may help explain Trumpís ongoing support

The Dunning-Kruger effect refers to a bias in which people with little knowledge in an area believe they have superior knowledge. New research suggests this is affecting politics.
    They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
    -Mr. Raceboy

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

Steve (wishes Ronald Reagan lived up to his quotes)
    "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

At this point, if you are still supporting Trump, you are racist, unbelievably naive, or just plain stupid.
      "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Comment

Or you like money enough not to care about all that stuff.

Pete (thinks that's what most of the Trump supporters he knows are in it for)

Comment

Pete, do you have an election analysis for today?

Stephen (eagerly awaits)

Comment

I guess selling your soul is the American way.
            01000010 01100001 01100001 00100000 01110111 01100101 01100101 01110000 00100000 01100111 01110010 01100001 01101000 01101110 01100001 00100000 01110111 01100101 01100101 01110000 00100000 01101110 01101001 01101110 01101110 01111001 00100000 01100010 01101111 01101110 01100111

Comment

I have been arguing with liberals on Facebook today about the most efficient way to lower drugs prices. Their solution, of course, is that government should set price caps through Medicare.

I've argued that less regulation (of patents and FDA) is needed in order to promote competition to reduce prices through supply and demand economics.

Their response is that competition does not lower prices, and they used the Epi-pen as an example to support that argument!

Stephen (vents)

Comment

Originally posted by cart213 View Post
                Pete, do you have an election analysis for today?

Stephen (eagerly awaits)
                Sadly, the Justput outage and my injury were timed in such a way that my election watch suffered almost totally.

Pete (thinks we're going to learn something about polling today...whether or not they've properly adjusted for 2016's failures)

Comment

Originally posted by Plezercruz View Post

Sadly, the Justput outage and my injury were timed in such a way that my election watch suffered almost totally.

Pete (thinks we're going to learn something about polling today...whether or not they've properly adjusted for 2016's failures)
                  FWIW...your analysis of the election is something that I always looked forward to.
                  Originally posted by Mr. Raceboy
                  I'm a lot more worried about the commies running DC than I am about commies half way around the world.

Comment

I appreciate that Robin. Sorry!

Pete (is pollwatching right now)

Comment

Republicans are doing much better so far in Florida than they should be.

Pete (wonders if that means much)

Comment

Iím hoping the early polls are misleading. But Iím not optimistic.
                        They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
                        -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

Ah...sweet gridlock.

Pete (got what he wanted tonight...except in Illinois)

Comment

Originally posted by Plezercruz View Post
                            Ah...sweet gridlock.

Pete (got what he wanted tonight...except in Illinois)
                            Illinois is $600B in debt (this reflects money owed for benefits that have already been earned).
                            The annual budget is $40B (reflecting the recent income tax increase).

Comment

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasd.../#1071f0d73a23

It's estimated that California has somewhere between 1.3 and 2.3 trillion in debt and unfunded liabilities, and so far every election has enacted more bond sales across the board.

Jared (trying to figure out an exit strategy)
                              "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ĖMark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X