Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got to be honest. I'd rather have "The Rock" character than Trump.
    DEEZ NUTS FOR PRESIDENT!!

Comment

(CNN)"Ladies and gentleman, please welcome the 46th President of the United States: Stephen T. Colbert."

That has a nice sound to it, and given Colbert's comments over the weekend, perhaps the late night host is truly thinking of running against Donald Trump in 2020. And if he did, Colbert very well could be the ideal candidate to crush the current President come November 2020.
      http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/25/opinio...ion/index.html

I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Comment

So you're saying it can get even worse.

Pete (supposes we could elect an actual clown next time)

Comment

Didn't we do that this time!?

Comment

Originally posted by Just Jon View Post
            Didn't we do that this time!?
            Nope. He may look like a clown and act like a clown, but his job was not in fact to be a clown.

Pete (thinks Colbert is in the business of clowning)

Comment

Originally posted by Plezercruz View Post
              Nope. He may look like a clown and act like a clown, but his job was not in fact to be a clown.

Pete (thinks Colbert is in the business of clowning)
              His job was to be a reality TV presenter. I think that's pretty damn synonymous with "clown."

Comment

Originally posted by Just Jon View Post
                His job was to be a reality TV presenter. I think that's pretty damn synonymous with "clown."
                Fair enough...I was just noting that he is not actually a comedian, but the shoe does fit.

Pete (concedes)

Comment

A campaign committee has formally filed to draft actor and former WWE wrestler Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson for president.

“Run the Rock 2020,” the name of the official organization, was filed on behalf of Johnson with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) on Sunday, according to FEC records.
                  http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know...filed-with-fec

Comment

I'd vote for John Stewart

Comment

Will there be a Bern to feel in 2020? All signs point to yes, unless Iowa is somehow Bernie Sanders's perferred vacation spot:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/15/politi...owa/index.html

Bernie Sanders returns to Iowa to water the grassroots

The last time Sen. Bernie Sanders was in Iowa, there was an election to win. It was November 2016 and Sanders was barnstorming Hawkeye State college towns, trying in vain to drum up support for Hillary Clinton.

He returned on Saturday under slightly different circumstances. President Donald Trump is finishing his sixth month in office and Senate Republicans are hammering away at an Obamacare overhaul that could cause more than 20 million people to lose insurance over the next 10 years. The campaign continues, but this time around it turns on health care -- beating back the Senate GOP bill while building up support for the single-payer plan Sanders will likely introduce in August.

Making the first of two scheduled summer visits here, the state that will play host to the first-in-the-nation caucuses of a still far-off presidential campaign season, Sanders kept up his broadsides against the Republican health care overhaul, calling it the most "anti-working class legislation in the history of the country." He named and tried to shame both of his Senate colleagues from Iowa, pleading with the Republicans repeatedly to reject the bill.
                      So yeah, he's running. Sure... he's in Iowa to campaign against the healthcare law... Right...

Pete (counts Bernie in for now)

Comment

Hillary Clinton is in too:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/04/politi...ump/index.html

Clinton to launch 'resistance' PAC

Hillary Clinton, reentering the political fray months after her 2016 campaign loss, will soon launch a political organization aimed at funding "resistance" groups that are standing up to President Donald Trump, sources with knowledge of the plans tell CNN.

Clinton, according to the sources, is currently working with former aides and donors to build an organization that will look to fund and invest in groups that have impressed her since her 2016 election loss.
                        There's only one reason why Clinton needs this organization to be a PAC, and that's because she intends to fund elections with it. Now, it's possible that she is doing this just out of the goodness of her heart to help other candidates, but I'm not buying it. Bill Clinton has been helping other candidates for decades...but he never bothered with a PAC.

At least for now, Clinton is in. We'll see if she changes her mind going forward.

Pete (thinks some people don't know when to quit)

Comment

Of course she's going to run again. She lost because of (insert anyone and everything other than her).

Comment

I am curious if Trump will have a primary battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Danisr1 View Post
                              I am curious if Trump will have a primary battle.
                              I would bet on it.

Pete (thinks that the success of the battle depends mostly on the Russia probe)

Comment

Mark Zuckeberg is totally not running for President. Just ask him!

But...

https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/03/...atic-pollster/

Zuckerberg hires Clinton pollster, totally not running for president

There have been rumors circulating about whether Mark Zuckerberg, founder and CEO of Facebook, is planning a presidential run in 2020. After all, he decided he wanted to "personally hear more of [the] voices" that use Facebook and embarked on a 50-state tour of the US for 2017. Now, news that Zuckerberg has hired Joel Benenson, a Democratic pollster who served as a top adviser to President Obama and chief strategist during Hillary Clinton's campaign, has reinvigorated those rumors.
                                Pete (notes that Zuckerberg would be just barely 35 if elected, the minimum age that is Constitutionally permitted)

Comment

Working...
                                X