Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John DeLaney is in. Don't feel bad if you've never heard of him.

http://wamu.org/story/17/08/02/rep-j...e-recognition/

Rep. John Delaney Is Running For President — Is Three Years Enough To Build Name Recognition?

Rep. John Delaney of Maryland is the first candidate to announce his intentions to enter what is expected to be a crowded Democratic presidential field — some 900 or so days from now.
    Pete (wonders if they'll top the Republican 16-candidate circus of 2016)

Comment

Everyone’s Running for President in 2020

Pete for President!
      I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Comment

The Inevitability of Kamala Harris

For a couple of hours on a recent Thursday, Sen. Kamala Harris of California became the favorite to win the Democratic Party's 2020 presidential nomination.

According to the oddsmakers, that is.
        https://www.usnews.com/news/the-repo...tial-landscape

Comment

Not a snowball's chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
            Not a snowball's chance.
            Obama pulled off a meteoric rise at the last minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
              Not a snowball's chance.
              Of winning the Presidency. I agree.
              Of winning the nomination? I wouldn't put it past Democrats to make that happen.

Pete (fully expects a wingnut liberal nominee in three years)

Comment

The only way to take down the oligarchy is by electing a lifetime oligarch.

Comment

Bannon, yes, Bannon, might primary Trump: https://www.mediaite.com/online/bann...ear-old-child/

Comment

Bannon might primary Trump...but only by letting someone else get the nomination.

Pete (thinks Bannon is only capable of being a spoiler)

Comment

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (WLS) -- Could Oprah Winfrey be gearing up to run for president?

The media mogul delivered a powerful speech at the Golden Globes Sunday night, almost immediately launching speculation on the topic.
                      http://abc7chicago.com/entertainment...ation/2914116/

Comment

Oh, please, no. The smug would be toxic.
                        "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Comment

In an announcement which surprised exactly nobody, Elizabeth Warren declared she is running in 2020:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/31/u...ouncement.html

Elizabeth Warren Announces Iowa Trip as She Starts Running for President in 2020

Senator Elizabeth Warren, the Massachusetts Democrat and a sharp critic of big banks and unregulated capitalism, entered the 2020 race for president on Monday, becoming the first major candidate in what is likely to be a long and crowded primary marked by ideological and generational divisions in a Democratic Party determined to beat President Trump.

Ms. Warren quickly made plans to campaign this weekend in Iowa, which holds the first-in-the-nation presidential caucuses in February 2020. The senator, who has not traveled to Iowa recently, announced Tuesday that she would visit several of the state’s major cities: Des Moines, Council Bluffs, Storm Lake and Sioux City.
                          The clear winner in this announcement is Joe Biden, who is expected to run as well. Warren is a left wingnut, and is going to eat into Bernie Sanders's votes a lot more than Biden's. If Kamela Harris also elects to run, the "progressive flank" of the Democratic party will be split three ways.

Of course, it's very likely that the mainstream Democrats will be split multiple ways too, but for now, Biden is looking like a frontrunner.

Pete (changes the thread title and stickies it)

Comment

Irritating. I had to move the post to Politics even though it was already in Politics to make it show up in Politics. It looks like a lot of the other posts didn't make it here...so now i have to go get them too. Ye Gods!

Pete (has a bone or two to pick with Vbulletin)

Comment

Ironic if the party of diversity throws out a 76 year old white guy to run for President. If I was a Democrat that doesn't have one foot in the grave, I would wait for the Trump show to be over before running.

Comment

Originally posted by Danisr1 View Post
                                Ironic if the party of diversity throws out a 76 year old white guy to run for President. If I was a Democrat that doesn't have one foot in the grave, I would wait for the Trump show to be over before running.
                                The party of diversity just elected a 53 year old white billionaire to the governorship of Illinois.

Pete (thinks the Dems are having some kind of identity crisis)

Comment

Working...
                                X