Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Trump wanted a border wall, why didn't he do it during the first two years of his administration?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Trump wanted a border wall, why didn't he do it during the first two years of his administration?

You know, when his party controlled both houses of Congress and the Presidency.
    "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Strictly speaking, he tried...like for two weeks before he lost the house.

Pete (wonders if Trump actually wants a wall built)

Comment

He doesn't want a wall. The Congressional Republicans don't want a wall. They waited until now so they can blame its failure to pass on the Dems rather than having to vote no themselves.

He fed his base a load of bullshit and they ate it up.

Comment

Originally posted by skooly View Post
        He doesn't want a wall. The Congressional Republicans don't want a wall. They waited until now so they can blame its failure to pass on the Dems rather than having to vote no themselves.

He fed his base a load of bullshit and they ate it up.
        Yep, that's pretty much my conclusion.

Pete (also notes that he waited until after the midterm elections because "immigration" is a net loser platform for Republicans, even if it fires up their base)

Comment

Trump's base vehemently, and stupidly, wants this wall. They're going to abandon him when it doesn't happen.
          I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Jon View Post
            Trump's base vehemently, and stupidly, wants this wall. They're going to abandon him when it doesn't happen.
            Not if they can blame Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer.

Pete (understands politics even though it's dumb)

Comment

Originally posted by Plezercruz View Post

Not if they can blame Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer.

Pete (understands politics even though it's dumb)
              I'm telling you that they blame him. I've listened to too many of them say so. They want him to ignore Congress.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	life-in-the-stupidverse-government-shutdown-edition-1-8e6.png?auto=compress,format&cs=srgb&_=8e6bde6bdb0cf178927fff0c2e1535ac.jpg Views:	2 Size:	192.0 KB ID:	507586

Comment

This wall nonsense is seriously straining my faith in humanity.

Pete (pretends he still has some)

Comment

This wall nonsense is seriously straining my faith in humanity.

Pete (pretends he still has some)
                    Iíve lost faith as well and not solely due the the wall issue. Social media has given a platform to a bunch of politically emotional people from both sides of the isle.

I make mental notes of dumb political comments friends make on social media. I find I donít want to be anywhere near these people. Democrats hate Republicans...Republicans hate Democrats and this libertarian sits here thinking youíre all idiots and incapable of critical thinking that might challenge your religion. There is no hope...
                    Originally posted by Mr. Raceboy
                    I'm a lot more worried about the commies running DC than I am about commies half way around the world.

Comment

I don't know if I would call it a loss of faith, since I've always been a skeptic and a cynic, but I'll definitely call it a loss of interest. I'm not very interested in hearing people's political opinions anymore because so many have gone off the deep end. I expect serious conflict in this country in our lifetimes because of this. All I want is to be left to enjoy whatever time I have left. Is it so much to ask that people stop using proxies to point guns at me in order to force me to bend to their will? Leave me alone.

Comment

I'm sure this isn't when it started, but the first time I looked at the partisanship in this country and couldn't believe it was when President Obama was elected with majorities in both houses of Congress and not only made no attempt whatsoever to walk back the Patriot Act, but actually expanded it's scope with Congressional assistance. I had expected the Democrats to adhere to their party identity and oppose military and intelligence surveillance and intrusion in our lives, but found that as long as the power was in their hands, they had no problem with it.

Pete (has learned that neither party has any kind of soul, and that was confirmed entirely when Republicans embraced Trump)

Comment

I'm sure this isn't when it started, but the first time I looked at the partisanship in this country and couldn't believe it was when President Obama was elected with majorities in both houses of Congress and not only made no attempt whatsoever to walk back the Patriot Act, but actually expanded it's scope with Congressional assistance. I had expected the Democrats to adhere to their party identity and oppose military and intelligence surveillance and intrusion in our lives, but found that as long as the power was in their hands, they had no problem with it.

Pete (has learned that neither party has any kind of soul, and that was confirmed entirely when Republicans embraced Trump)
                          There were a lot of things I'd expected with 'Bama that didn't happen which I had a similar response to.
                          They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
                          -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

Ya but no matter what Bama did people where gonna hate on him. He could have rolled back the patriot act, and it would have been even more proof that he was a secret al qaeda mole trying to weaken America. Not everyone is gonna be happy.
                            01000010 01100001 01100001 00100000 01110111 01100101 01100101 01110000 00100000 01100111 01110010 01100001 01101000 01101110 01100001 00100000 01110111 01100101 01100101 01110000 00100000 01101110 01101001 01101110 01101110 01111001 00100000 01100010 01101111 01101110 01100111

Comment

Yeah, but I want to like him.
                              They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
                              -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

Working...
                              X