Trump Tells Putin (With a Grin) Not to Meddle in Elections

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump Tells Putin (With a Grin) Not to Meddle in Elections

For more than two years, friends and foes alike have pushed President Trump to tell President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia not to interfere in American democracy. As the two leaders sat side by side on Friday for their first formal meeting in a year, Mr. Trump obliged — but in his own distinctive way.

The topic did not come up in either man’s opening remarks, which in Mr. Trump’s case were filled with flowery talk about their relationship. Only when a reporter shouted out a question, asking Mr. Trump if he would tell Russia not to meddle in American elections, did the president respond, and then by making light of the matter.

“Yes, of course I will,” Mr. Trump said.

Turning to Mr. Putin, he said, with a slight grin on his face and an almost joking tone in his voice, “Don’t meddle in the election, President.”

As Mr. Putin also smiled, Mr. Trump pointed at another Russian official in a playful way and repeated, “Don’t meddle in the election.”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/28/u...gtype=Homepage
    "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Well I guess that's consistent with the fact that both these jokers have maintained throughout that the Russian government didn't actually meddle.

Pete (supposes at least that consistency is admirable)

Comment

Working...
    X