Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slavery reparations could carry a $17 trillion price tag

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/40-ac...cation-brknews

I hope this is just political posturing and no one really thinks this will happen. The real issue is that if the Gov't gives let's say $5000 to each descendant (totally making that number up), how would that help the black community? It wouldn't. The issues the black community has is far deeper than anything a stack of cash would solve.

I've often said that if you ever ask yourself, "How the hell are we going to pay for this?" you pretty much are disqualified from being a Democrat.

Here is a program with a price tag that is roughly 5x the annual revenue of the entire US government, and these guys just don't care. And if for a moment you think that they don't really want $17T dollars, you're wrong. I listen to liberal talk radio all the time, and that's exactly with reparations proponents want, and they're not afraid to hit the airwaves and say so.

Pete (just has to laugh at the ridiculousness)

Comment

Originally posted by Plezercruz View Post
      I've often said that if you ever ask yourself, "How the hell are we going to pay for this?" you pretty much are disqualified from being a Democrat.

Here is a program with a price tag that is roughly 5x the annual revenue of the entire US government, and these guys just don't care. And if for a moment you think that they don't really want $17T dollars, you're wrong. I listen to liberal talk radio all the time, and that's exactly with reparations proponents want, and they're not afraid to hit the airwaves and say so.

Pete (just has to laugh at the ridiculousness)
      The average voter has no clue how big those numbers even are. It's truly beyond their ability to comprehend.
      "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

Working...
      X

Debug Information