The Political, Left and Right, Hate I Have Witnessed The Past 2 Days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Political, Left and Right, Hate I Have Witnessed The Past 2 Days

I have to fight the media hysteria myself and realize these media voices and internet comments really represent just a small percentage of the overall population, but man people are pretty sick.

It started early yesterday with the death of David Koch from prostate cancer. Immediately, the left started dancing on his grave. Bill Maher said "Fuck him, I'm glad he's dead and I hope the end was painful" and "I guess I'll have to reevaluate my low opinion of prostate cancer". Celebs came out of the woodwork to show their hate as well. This for a man who has donated billions to charity. What have any of these people done? The internet comments were every bit as bad.

Then, in the afternoon, Ruth Bader Ginsburg's fight with pancreatic cancer was announced and the right was quick to prove they could be every bit as hateful for a woman that was going through something I wouldn't wish upon anyone praying for her quick death. Whatever you think of her politics, she is an amazing woman who has lived an amazing life and deserves basic humanity and compassion. I wish her a full recovery.

I'm pretty disgusted.
    "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Agreed in full on both counts.
    "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Comment

David Koch was a client. His libertarian views and actions will be missed. I hope to maintain a long attorney-client relationship with his brother and Koch Industries until I retire. May he rest in peace.

I read Ginsburg's opinions in law school and respect her immensely.

Dan (agrees that a person can transcend the cauldron of politics)
      HFM

As long as there exists people with religion and a belief in God, there will never be a Libertarian state.

Comment

The biggest problem facing Americans today is this hatred of one another based on what, in the grand scheme of things, are minute philosophical differences.

Pete (doesn't know how we can break away from this cycle, but is still hopeful it can happen)

Comment

Originally posted by Plezercruz View Post
          The biggest problem facing Americans today is this hatred of one another based on what, in the grand scheme of things, are minute philosophical differences.

Pete (doesn't know how we can break away from this cycle, but is still hopeful it can happen)
          For sure. The modern left-right paradigm is nothing more than two different flavors of statism. Both sides love warfare, both sides love welfare, both sides want the executive to be an elected dictator. What's the difference again?
          "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

The struggle for power is inexplicable.
            At the precipice, we change!
            The problem with Capitalism is that humans run it.

Comment

Working...
            X