Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Just Jon View Post
    http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/02/...oards-chicago/

I generally have no issue with people freely exercising their religious beliefs. (People harming others as an expression of religious belief is not acceptable to me.) I don't care about women wearing religious garments, like hijabs.

However, when I read this, a question came into my mind:

What if she chooses not to wear the hijab?
    Go see Rohina Malik's one woman show, it addresses that question. Plus you went to high school with her and it's a great show.
    They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
    -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

That probably won't happen, because I don't have a lot of time for that kind of thing. I see she's at the Goodman, but I don't see any dates for her show. Can you give me a hint about what she says?

Is she related to the people in the article?
      I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Comment

I don't know if they're related, but the location, last name and thematic message make it likely that they're related, maybe immediate family.

The one woman show is her playing several women and each telling their completely unique reasons for wearing the hijab, all are compelling and most are in the face of male family members opposing the choice.

My favorite motivation was feminist in nature, essentially: "screw you, I'm not eye candy, you want something from me, you get my mind."
        They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
        -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

I still want to know why their god is such a prude. He really focuses on other people's sex lives.
          "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
          X