This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global warming!!!
    They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
    -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

Korea is cold in February , this shouldn't be a surprise.

Comment

Average high is ~32 F in February and the average low is ~13 F: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyeongchang_County

That's pretty comparable to Chicago: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Chicago
        I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Comment

It is the Winter Games isnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by Danisr1 View Post
            It is the Winter Games isnt it?
            That's what I said to Jen when she told me last night that it was so cold there that they were having problems.

Comment

2018 Winter Olympics

Hosts South Korea produced a show of unity with neighbours North Korea during the opening ceremony of the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang.

Their athletes entered under the same flag during the parade, after months of tension in the Korean peninsula.

"We are stronger than all the forces that want to divide us," declared Olympic president Thomas Bach.
              http://www.bbc.com/sport/winter-olympics/42945243

Comment

PYEONGCHANG, South Korea: A Korean intruder was tackled by Olympic security and thrown out of the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics opening ceremony after attempting to accost two performers, organisers said on Friday (Feb 9).
                Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...remony-9946370

Comment

I cant wait to watch snowboarding!
                  J (wants to try it)
                  Two roads diverged in a wood and I I took the one less travelled by. -Robert Frost

Comment

NBC's coverage of the Opening Ceremonies just started...only 15 hours after it actually happens.

Pete (hates on NBC)

Comment

I agree. Their overall sport coverage is awful too. Its edited so its not everything. And they cut off coverage to switch to something else. Lame.
                      Two roads diverged in a wood and I I took the one less travelled by. -Robert Frost

Comment

Originally posted by Tnnisace73 View Post
                        I agree. Their overall sport coverage is awful too. Its edited so its not everything. And they cut off coverage to switch to something else. Lame.
                        "Here's only what we think is relevant to Americans. Enjoy!"

Pete (nods)

Comment

NBC's coverage always sucks. Is there more online that you can pick and choose to watch? I'm not interested in NBC's spoon-feeding nonsense.

Comment

PYEONGCHANG, South Korea (AP) -- The Winter Olympics are supposed to be cold, of course. Just maybe not THIS cold.

Wind and ice pellets left Olympic snowboarders simply trying to stay upright in conditions that many felt were unfit for competition, the best ski jumpers on the planet dealing with swirling gusts and biathletes aiming to shoot straight.
                            https://www.yahoo.com/news/wind-ice-...122753785.html

Comment

I watched the women's slopestyle in its entirety yesterday. Twice. Quality entertainment!

The winds were so high that of 50.5 total runs, only 9 were completed without falling. The .5 is because Spencer O'Brian of Canada didn't even finish her second run because she was afraid for her life. There were several fairly serious injuries, the worst of which was a busted ACL.

Pete (watches sports for the failures and got more than his fill)
                              Last edited by Plezercruz; 02-12-2018, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Who woulda thunk that Korea would be cold in February? Ask a Korean War Vet?
                                At the precipice, we change!
                                The problem with Capitalism is that humans run it.

Comment

Working...
                                X