Why you need to watch Olympic curling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love to watch curling.

Pete (became a fan when he was imprisoned I'm Ontario in the winter of '99)

Comment

Jen, my brother, and I love curling. We want to start playing it, actually. There's a curling center in Northbrook.

http://www.curlingchicago.org/conten...odule_id=62137
      I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Comment

No
        "I guess I just hate the fact there is public property at all." - Mr. Raceboy.

Comment

Originally posted by skooly View Post
          No
          Why do you hate fun?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Just Jon View Post
              Jen, my brother, and I love curling. We want to start playing it, actually. There's a curling center in Northbrook.

http://www.curlingchicago.org/conten...odule_id=62137
              If you decide to do it, I'm in.

Pete (hasn't yet because he doesn't like to do things solo)

Comment

My brother is nearly obsessed with it. The 4 of us could make a team.

Comment

Curling rules. No haterade.
                  “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less travelled by.” -Robert Frost

Comment

Originally posted by skooly View Post
                    No
                    X2

I am not entertained. It just seems like shuffleboard on ice to me.

I'm so confused about how what determines what is a sport, and what is a game. This seems like a game.

Comment

Gonna need more hot chicks in tighter outfits.

Comment

Originally posted by Plezercruz View Post
                        If you decide to do it, I'm in.

Pete (hasn't yet because he doesn't like to do things solo)
                        Steve Gadlin is curling these days. Also one of Katie's friends is moving to Chicago, she was once invited to try out for team USA. She turned them down (she's Canadian)
                        They speak in bulletpointese leftist nutjob drivel. It doesn't matter. Nothing is as great a motivator as the chance to truly be free.
                        -Mr. Raceboy

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
                          Steve Gadlin is curling these days. Also one of Katie's friends is moving to Chicago, she was once invited to try out for team USA. She turned them down (she's Canadian)
                          Mistake. I should have gone to try out for Greece when they asked. Who cares if I never had a shot at winning...it still would have been the event of a lifetime.

Pete (was more concerned at the time with how badly the other swimmers would destroy him)

Comment

Originally posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
                            X2

I'm so confused about how what determines what is a sport, and what is a game. This seems like a game.
                            It's definitely a game, which is why I like it.

Comment

Now if you really want a challenge,

Take:

And combine it with:

And Presto:

http://www.dicetowernews.com/crokicu...by-storm/49820

Crokicurl (crokinole+curling) taking Canada by storm

Crokicurl, the sport-like game where crokinole and curling collide, is now being played in multiple cities across Canada.

The game has players competing using crokinole rules, but using curling stones in lieu of wooden discs and competing on a large scale playing surface made of ice. Players still need to aim for the 20 hole and hit competing players pieces, but now they will be doing this by hurling curling stones across a sheet of ice, with wooden posts blocking shots instead of pegs.

The hybrid game originated in Winnipeg in 2017 when a team of architects built the first crokicurl board at the iconic Forks river site.
                              Pete (would for sure play that game)

Comment

Originally posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
                                X2

Sports *are* games. Though if it's a judged sport, it's better to describe it as an "athletic entertainment event," like competitive ballroom dancing, or professional runway modeling.
                                "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X