No announcement yet.

Report: 974 Fans Attended Rays vs. White Sox Game at Guaranteed Rate Field

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Rays were doomed to fail from day one....they actually under Madden had a decent run for a bit.

Comment

When they play the big teams they get a crowd, but they are not there to see the Rays

Comment

Don't worry. No one shows up for the Sox either.
        I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Comment

In Fort Myers in spring training the Red Sox out draw the regular season Rays most of the time.

Regular season Baseball doesn't work in Florida

Comment

You should see Brewers games when the Cubs are there. The ratio has to be something like 100 to 1 for Cubs fans.

http://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cub...ey-north-rizzo

It's so much easier for Jen and I to go to Milwaukee than to Wrigley. We're thinking about going there to see the Cubs this year. Getting down to Wrigley is a pain in the ass. We could drive to Miller Park. There's no way in hell we'd drive to Wrigley. We'd have to park in Skokie and take the El down. That takes at least an hour and 45 minutes. It's about an hour and 20 minutes to get to Miller Park and we can actually park a car there.

Comment

Originally posted by Danisr1 View Post
              In Fort Myers in spring training the Red Sox out draw the regular season Rays most of the time.

Regular season Baseball doesn't work in Florida
              I bet it would in North Florida. There should be a team in Jacksonville, possibly Orlando. The further north you get, the more fans you'll find. I played a LOT of ball in N. Florida in HS, and the schools were very good, and had solid attendance. A lot of that had to do with FSU being so good I imagine.

Speaking of, Indianapolis should have both an MLS team and MLB team.
              Last edited by Kutnupe14; 04-11-2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

I think Jacksonville makes more sense than Miami.

Comment

So we know the Sox sold about 10,000 season tickets.

Pete (thinks that's the only reason why those tickets would have been sold)

Comment

Good for the fans. Why should they pay ridiculous ticket prices, parking and concessions for a team not even trying to compete? Why do people still follow Oakland? Sure, they started the moneyball concept but they refuse to field a competitive team. On the other hand, my Red Sox killed the Yankees last night!

Comment

Originally posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
                      I bet it would in North Florida. There should be a team in Jacksonville, possibly Orlando. The further north you get, the more fans you'll find. I played a LOT of ball in N. Florida in HS, and the schools were very good, and had solid attendance. A lot of that had to do with FSU being so good I imagine.

Speaking of, Indianapolis should have both an MLS team and MLB team.
                      From my observations the best baseball towns have professional ( white collar fanbase ) in a vibrant downtown part of the city. You need that guy that works downtown that will leave work early or go to the game at night after happy hour. The tickets are probably a write off from his company and that fills the seats. The families go on the weekends.

The Rays are in St Pete, which is earths largest nursing home and Tampa residents are not driving there on a week night to catch a game. The lightning ( downtown ) have a massive fan base and sellout.

Indy could do baseball , they have the ingredients, not sure about Jacksonville.

Charlotte could pull it off too.

Comment

Empty Jeet seats: Marlins outdrawn by Double-A affiliate

The Marlins drew 6,150 fans. The Jacksonville team brought in 6,960 for its home opener Wednesday night.
                        http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/empty-j...ry?id=54420843

Comment

Working...
                        X