No announcement yet.

Finally, a cool KIA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like every KIA I've ever seen, the interior looks awful. So, you buy a $40k car that will probably sell for $20k used. No thanks.
    DEEZ NUTS FOR PRESIDENT!!

Comment

It could even approach $50k for the top of the line GT with AWD, I bet. That's a tough pill to swallow, isn't it?

Sure, it has 60 more hp than my Lexus but my Lexus might even be cheaper.
      I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
        Like every KIA I've ever seen, the interior looks awful. So, you buy a $40k car that will probably sell for $20k used. No thanks.
        20,000 used the second you drive it off the lot.

Comment

It might make for a decent used car purchase but that 10 year warranty doesn't transfer, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Danisr1 View Post
            20,000 used the second you drive it off the lot.
            Yeah. That's where I was going with it.
            DEEZ NUTS FOR PRESIDENT!!

Comment

Track test by Motor Trend: http://www.motortrend.com/cars/kia/s...-drive-review/

Comment

I'm starting to like this car.

Comment

I finally saw one in person on the road. It was the light gray color and I think it looked great.

If I didn't already have an IS350, I'd consider getting one of these for a daily. I haven't driven a Stinger or sat in one, so I can't say how I would perceive the quality of the car. My Lexus feels like a well built car with quality materials in most places. The top of the door interior has some cheap plastic that I don't like but most of the rest of the interior seems like good stuff. The Stinger's interior doesn't quite look to be at the same level even though the pricing is similar, but I'd have to sit in one to be sure.

Last edited by Just Jon; 03-23-2018, 01:39 PM.

Comment

I have 1500 miles so far on my Soul Turbo with zero regrets.

Pros:

Decent power for an econobox with 6.5 sec 0-60 on the VBOX sport, that's not slow
                    Plenty of room for my 6'3" frame
                    Comfy seats
                    Harman Kardon audio is pretty good
                    Dedicated buttons and knobs for often used functions, nothing used often buried in a menu
                    Great turning radius because of the short wheelbase
                    Great lighting
                    Room in the rear seats for actual adults
                    Great looking wheels
                    Clever packaging allowing a very low rear floor because of the beam axle and great cargo hauling capacity
                    All the tech I actually want with advanced keyless entry and push button start, power folding mirrors, blindspot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, navigation with real time traffic, heated seats at all 4 corners and a heated steering wheel, Android Auto and Apple Carplay, Sirius XM
                    Bi-Xenon headlights and all other exterior lighting LED

Cons:

DCT and turbo motor can be jerky at low speeds, but blow away any CVT once on a roll
                    Gas mileage has been just okay at 27 mpg
                    Needs paddle shifters
                    Choppy ride over broken pavement (the trade off of the short wheelbase and beam axle)
                    Back seats do not fold completely flat
                    Stupid artificially heavy steering in sport mode which can't be deactivated independently of the rest of sport mode
                    "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

The independent rear suspension is what makes me with the new Kona. It has a slightly detuned version of the same engine and tranny.

Comment

Working...
                      X