Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 2018 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #1
    Yes nice... you gotta get rid of that full face helmet though to up your bad boy factor.

    Comment


    • #2
      Originally posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
      Yes nice... you gotta get rid of that full face helmet though to up your bad boy factor.
      I'm the only person in my group that rides with a full face helmet. I'll ride in jeans and a t shirt (I always wear boots and gloves too), but I won't give up the full face helmet. It's easier to use and hear the comms. It's quieter. And of course, it's safer.

      The guy with the bad boy factor is the grizzled guy who passed our group yesterday while we were going 85 mph like we were standing still with no windshield and no helmet. My buddy goes "that's gotta be rough" and in my best grizzled old man voice I replied back "rough is watch watching your buddy's head get blown off in 'Nam back in '69".

      Steve (isn't trying to impress anyone)
      "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

      Comment


      • #3
        Originally posted by Mr. Raceboy View Post
        I'm the only person in my group that rides with a full face helmet. I'll ride in jeans and a t shirt (I always wear boots and gloves too), but I won't give up the full face helmet. It's easier to use and hear the comms. It's quieter. And of course, it's safer.

        The guy with the bad boy factor is the grizzled guy who passed our group yesterday while we were going 85 mph like we were standing still with no windshield and no helmet. My buddy goes "that's gotta be rough" and in my best grizzled old man voice I replied back "rough is watch watching your buddy's head get blown off in 'Nam back in '69".

        Steve (isn't trying to impress anyone)
        How bout one of these?

        Comment


        • #4
          The Bell Rogue is cool, but I'm just not willing to sacrifice the head protection.

          I like my Kevlar Snell rated HJC FG17 Valhalla:

          "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

          Comment


          • #5
            Yes, but does it have a muffler?

            Jared (scrounges for some thermite)
            "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

            Comment


            • #6
              Originally posted by Jared View Post
              Yes, but does it have a muffler?

              Jared (scrounges for some thermite)
              Funny guy. Reminds me of the guy with the electric Ferrari.

              Comment


              • #7
                Originally posted by Mr. Raceboy View Post
                The Bell Rogue is cool, but I'm just not willing to sacrifice the head protection.

                I like my Kevlar Snell rated HJC FG17 Valhalla:

                Yeah, I'm not one who is going to tell people who want to more safe, not to. Helmets are certainly a must. Here in Indiana, they're optional.

                Comment


                • #8
                  Helmets are optional in IL, too. I always wore a full face helmet when I rode.

                  That bike is way too big for me. It's gotta be 700 pounds. It sure looks nice and comfy, though.
                  I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

                  Comment


                  • #9
                    Nice bike!

                    Comment


                    • #10
                      Originally posted by Just Jon View Post
                      Helmets are optional in IL, too. I always wore a full face helmet when I rode.

                      That bike is way too big for me. It's gotta be 700 pounds. It sure looks nice and comfy, though.
                      My buddy's wife is about 5'6" tall and weighs a buck sixty and she rides a 2017 Fat Boy (the gold one behind mine in the first pic) no problem. I have ridden that bike too and my bike just feels so much lighter because of the new chassis. Hell, my wife test rode a 2018 Street Bob at 5'4" and she had no issues.
                      "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

                      Comment


                      • #11
                        Originally posted by cart213 View Post
                        Nice bike!
                        Thanks man!
                        "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

                        Comment


                        • #12
                          Gen X grew up on Japanese products and tend to like the engineering and handling aspects of import things....something that has finally gotten HD's attention.

                          If Harley doesn't change with the times they will be a shell of the company they are now.

                          Nice Bike BTW ! My buddy is the GM of Berts Barracuda and Black Widow up your way.

                          Comment


                          • #13
                            Originally posted by Danisr1 View Post
                            Gen X grew up on Japanese products and tend to like the engineering and handling aspects of import things....something that has finally gotten HD's attention.

                            If Harley doesn't change with the times they will be a shell of the company they are now.

                            Nice Bike BTW ! My buddy is the GM of Berts Barracuda and Black Widow up your way.
                            I bought it from Bert's! Josephine was the salesperson.
                            "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

                            Comment


                            • #14
                              Turned 350 miles today (357 total) and the more I ride this bike, the more impressed with it I am. Today I swapped with a friend with a 2017 Deluxe for half an hour and when were done, we both agreed the 2018 is a massive leap forward in every way. The chassis is so much better it doesn't even feel like the same company made both bikes. Stiffer chassis, stressed member solidly mounted engine, full Showa suspension with modern monoshock in the back with hydraulically adjustable pre-load and the dual bending valve modern cartridge front forks means this 700lb bike handles like no 700lb bike has a right to. It's no sportbike, but it also wouldn't be completely out of place on a curvy road.

                              Engine-wise, the stock Milwaukee 8 feels like a fully stage 1 kitted Rushmore 103 in terms of power. Some call it sacrilege with the little oil radiator up front, but the amount of heat coming off the motor is so much less. My buddy's 103 will roast your right leg in Florida stop and go traffic while I had no such issues. The engine is is nearly sewing machine smooth too thanks to the counterbalancer, no vibrating mirrors at idle and just smooth power delivery at speed.

                              Sure, Harley purists are crying, but they are a dying breed. This is the bike Harley needed to build if they are going to survive and attract new buyer coming from Japanese machinery into the brand.
                              "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

                              Comment


                              • #15
                                What do you think:

                                https://smile.amazon.com/photos/shar...mFTKss8lxic4uJ
                                "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X