2019 Porsche Speedster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Porsche Speedster

I had a chance to ride in a 1989 Speedster when I was younger and, that car made such an impression. I have to say, if this car was not ridiculously priced and, that's before an expected $100k-150k adjusted dealer markup, I would buy it.

https://jalopnik.com/the-gt3-powered...d-i-1834094404

Dan (title would change when I'm dead)
    HFM

As long as there exists people with religion and a belief in God, there will never be a Libertarian state.

Another fine example of why Porsche is the most profitable car company per vehicle on the planet. Take a GT3 Touring, cut the roof off, double the price.....PROFIT!

Still though, if you could get an allocation at sticker you could double your money.
    "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Raceboy View Post
      Another fine example of why Porsche is the most profitable car company per vehicle on the planet. Take a GT3 Touring, cut the roof off, double the price.....PROFIT!

Still though, if you could get an allocation at sticker you could double your money.
      I looked at 1989 Guards Red Speedsters with low mileage and, they were all over $200k. That car will continue to appreciate and no doubt, the 2019 will as well. I think I would drive the hell out of the car. At 50+ years of age, I'm not saving the car for the next guy or for resale but, it would always bother me that driving the damn thing is decreasing it's value. The same problem exists with Ferrari.

I suppose the bottom line after hoping into my GT3 a weekend ago, I don't need the Speedster. That and, my wife being Japanese likes shade and a Speedster would not be a fit for her. I can live with the GT3 until death. But, at some point I'll look for another fun manual transmission.

Dan (covets but rationalizes)
      HFM

As long as there exists people with religion and a belief in God, there will never be a Libertarian state.

Comment

Thou shall not covet...…….but, I forgot what. Could have been a car, I guess.
        At the precipice, we change!
        The problem with Capitalism is that humans run it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronny View Post
          Thou shall not covet...…….but, I forgot what. Could have been a car, I guess.
          Pretty sure it was a chick. Most of those are not worth the hassle.

Dan (LOL because he is a lucky old man who managed to find one that is)
          HFM

Comment

http://www.porsche-code.com/PKWH92V6

Champion Porsche in Florida has a $200k ADM.

Dan (lol at $500k price tag)
            HFM

Comment

I prefer something with a roof
              "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X