Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 256573747576 LastLast

Thread: Guns

put-put Put Master
    What's the background with Springfield armory and the IL dealer licensing scheme?

my wife has a Kimber 9mm carry pistol; it's a nice little gun, works flawlessly. It's a 1911, so you would have to carry it cocked and locked, were you to ever get a LTC. In comparison to my XD40 subcompact, it looks much smaller, but dimensionally they're within 1/8" in all directions.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Strong Putter Strong Put
    Research CZ P-01 with 10 round mag. Sweet.
    At the precipice, we change!
    The problem with Capitalism is that humans run it.

Needs your put
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    That would seem to violate the 5th amendment takings clause, would it not?

The state of CA has gone through quite a lot of effort, due to their desire to avoid that particular entanglement. To the point of opening up the assault weapon registry again (which they despise doing, I assure you)
    I'm not rich enough to pay for that lawsuit. And I can't afford a felony conviction. They'll threaten my wife, too, in order to get me. I have too much to lose to be a political prisoner. It's unbelievable how gun owners are being treated as villains by these legislators. I'm a good person and I don't wish to harm anyone.
    I'm for defending all rights for everyone.

Needs your put
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    What's the background with Springfield armory and the IL dealer licensing scheme?
    Here you go:

https://gunstoday.com/why-is-everyon...gfield-armory/
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...for-carve-out/

Springfield says they have since severed their ties with IFMA so I'm not really jumping on the boycott bandwagon yet. I tend to not want to punish manufacturers of decent products just because of something like this.

my wife has a Kimber 9mm carry pistol; it's a nice little gun, works flawlessly. It's a 1911, so you would have to carry it cocked and locked, were you to ever get a LTC. In comparison to my XD40 subcompact, it looks much smaller, but dimensionally they're within 1/8" in all directions.
    Do you remember what you guys paid for the Kimber?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronny View Post
    Research CZ P-01 with 10 round mag. Sweet.
    I'd try one of those. I'm also thinking about the striker fired Ruger LC9.

Ow! My Balls! Put Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jon View Post
    I'm not rich enough to pay for that lawsuit. And I can't afford a felony conviction. They'll threaten my wife, too, in order to get me. I have too much to lose to be a political prisoner. It's unbelievable how gun owners are being treated as villains by these legislators. I'm a good person and I don't wish to harm anyone.
    I doubt the Bauer Act will pass. Politicians want to get re-elected and there's a primary at the end of this month.

The bill is so ridiculous, it would make it illegal to put a metal plate in your child's backpack. Democrats are dumb, but they aren't that dumb.

Steve (laughs at the irony of yet another nonsense law that will only impact law-abiding citizens named after a cop killed by a repeat felon who was not stopped by any law)
    "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Needs your put
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Raceboy View Post
    I doubt the Bauer Act will pass. Politicians want to get re-elected and there's a primary at the end of this month.

The bill is so ridiculous, it would make it illegal to put a metal plate in your child's backpack. Democrats are dumb, but they aren't that dumb.

Steve (laughs at the irony of yet another nonsense law that will only impact law-abiding citizens named after a cop killed by a repeat felon who was not stopped by any law)
    The dealer licensing act passed. Rauner hasn't signed it yet. The fact that he hasn't vetoed it yet tells me that he plans to sign the act after the primary. That law will put every dealer out of business except for the most well-established guys, who are very few, and the big box stores. Basically, I'll have to drive to WI to go to a range.

Ow! My Balls! Put Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jon View Post
    The dealer licensing act passed. Rauner hasn't signed it yet. The fact that he hasn't vetoed it yet tells me that he plans to sign the act after the primary. That law will put every dealer out of business except for the most well-established guys, who are very few, and the big box stores. Basically, I'll have to drive to WI to go to a range.
    Sounds like the writing is on the wall.
    "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." H.L. Mencken

Needs your put
    Blog Entries
    Rauner is vetoing the dealer licensing bill. We'll see what happens with the rest.

I can get 10 round mags for my rifles, including the MP15-22, and the XDM9. It seems stupid to have a double stack handgun that can only carry 10 rounds, though. I'd rather have a single stack mag, like a 9mm 1911 or a 9mm Shield. I like the grips on the M&Ps a lot and Jen seems to be able to work the slide on the 9mm compact. I'm not sure about the Shield until we try. I might want to look at a 9mm XDS or the new hammer fired XDE. I don't know anything about the reliability of the XDE yet, though. I'm not sure if the double stack guns will still be legal for long in IL.
    Last edited by Just Jon; 03-13-2018 at 07:24 PM.

put-put Put Master

I'm glad you survived; that could have been a terrible weekend. Too bad about all the fishing equipment, and all your magazines and assault weapons. Perhaps that little boat was overloaded?
    Last edited by Jared; 03-14-2018 at 12:52 AM.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

Strong Putter Strong Put
    From all the stories I've heard over the past few years, a small lake near herre has a steel-lined bottom. I've never understood why so many guys load their boats full of guns to ferry them to the other side when there's a perfectly good road around the lake. Go figure.
    At the precipice, we change!
    The problem with Capitalism is that humans run it.